Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Bollinger Prices All-Electric Truck at $125K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bollinger recently debuted the the all-electric B1 SUV and B2 pickup, and today they announced that both models will start at $125,000.

The Bollinger truck has been teased by the company for a couple years. And, while many agreed that the truck is an exciting entrant into the EV marketplace, the big question was cost. Now that we know the cost, the big question is “Who’s going to buy it?”

Bollinger is not aiming for family vehicle crowd or the city SUV cruiser. The trucks have been engineered to be tough. They’re utilitarian and lack some of the safety features found on more modern vehicles. But, the intent is to build a reliable, capable, all-electric truck.

So, for $125,000 consumers get a 125-kWh battery pack powering front and rear AC motors, pushing 614 hp and 668 lb-ft of torque. Bollinger says the trucks will go from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds. For off-roading, the trucks have 15 inches of ground clearance and 10 inches of wheel travel. 

Bollinger is now taking reservations with $1,000 refundable deposits.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bollinger will sell to a segment of people that wouldn't otherwise be covered by a BEV. For them it will make BEVs cool. It will also reduce the amount of oil that leaks into the water system from traditional SUVs. The only downside to it--assuming it's used for the intended purpose--is that the battery is about half the size it should be. Off roading has high energy usage.

Yes and no. Off-roading is less efficient than driving on asphalt, but it's more likely to be lower speed driving, and thus not requiring as much power.,

I'm disappointed. I was expecting a price about half what they are offering (based on some leaks and comparables from Rivian, Tesla, etc.).
They can probably be a successful niche manufacturer making expensive toys for rich people but not at all what I was expecting.
You'll recall the original Hummer was about that price. I didn't expect Bollinger's MSRP to be materially different. And like Tesla they had better start with a high gross margin vehicle.

The pricing is really disappointing and the fact that the range is less than it should be makes this one a no go for me. I am sure that they will sell a few of them, but I doubt they will sell enough to make the company viable and that is a shame. :(
It really is a shame. While I will always be secretly pleased when other makers dont quite measure up to Tesla, I also feel deeply that it's our responsibility to embrace any company joining the EV community and getting more people off gas. Bollinger might make it in the long run, but this particular model does not look promising, and that's not good for anybody.

Reactions: ICUDoc and KJD
It really is a shame. While I will always be secretly pleased when other makers dont quite measure up to Tesla, I also feel deeply that it's our responsibility to embrace any company joining the EV community and getting more people off gas. Bollinger might make it in the long run, but this particular model does not look promising, and that's not good for anybody.
If it had a 2x battery, I was a bit more wealthy, and also a bit younger, I'd almost certainly place an order. But I agree that it won't appeal to the majority of Tesla customers. However, there is another market segment that will find it very exciting.

Looks more like a Land Rover than a truck. I agree, ugly. Land Rovers look better with far more safety, comfort and style. Who would buy such a thing. Glad to see innovation when it comes to electric vehicles, but this looks like a step back.

Looks more like a Land Rover than a truck. I agree, ugly. Land Rovers look better with far more safety, comfort and style. Who would buy such a thing. Glad to see innovation when it comes to electric vehicles, but this looks like a step back.
Kind of had a retro look of the old Series Land Rovers. Of course, new Land Rovers are much improved.
Land-Rover-Series-I-1600x1065.jpg

Reactions: SteveD
So, What's Up With The New Hand-Made $125K Bollinger Electric Trucks?

Perhaps CEO Robert Bollinger's choice of small batches at a $125,000 price point may make him a few bucks, but we really doubt it. This type of business model requires a massive undertaking and an incredible investment, which will likely result in minimal sales and little profit.

With that being said, our good friend Sean Mitchell — who spends his spare time researching everything there is to know and learn about electric cars — dives into it for us. Moreover, he proposes some good questions, like "How many vehicles do they need to sell in order to make the vehicles profitable?" and "Do they have plans to make less expensive vehicles?"