Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bolster Boost by Heys Designs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got the Bolster Boost by Heys Design and tried it out at an autocross event last weekend. Overall, I'm impressed. At $150 price point I wasn't sure what to expect. That's a high cost based on the physical product that you get, but well worth the money in terms of the benefit of using it.

I did find it a bit challenging to position the device as I'm also using the Schroth Quickfit Pro but, once I got it in place and the Schroth buckled, it felt great. It provides just enough support on either side to keep me planted in the seat without being overly restrictive. On Saturday we got 10 practice runs in a row and the bolster did not slip or slide at any point. The designer contacted me when I ordered and told me that Tesla seats tend to be slippery and offered to include some extra-grip pads in my order at no charge. I first tried the product in some spirited driving on the streets without the extra pads and found it didn't move at all, so I've just left them in the box. If I find it starts to move in the future I'll try them, but at this point I see no immediate need.

On the downside, because of the time it takes to get the bolsters properly positioned, I did not unbuckle between runs. If you are one that wants to get out and play with tire pressures, etc. between runs, you'll have to factor in the time to get settled back in. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't take all that long, probably 20 to 30 seconds, but if you don't factor it in, you could find yourself holding up the line. On a road course this would be less of a consideration.

Has anyone else tried this out product out? I have not used it on a road course yet, but I figure if it can hold up to the twists and turns of AX, it should do well for longer runs.

https://bolsterboost.com/

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2