TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bolt Delayed...

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by ImEric, Aug 27, 2016.

1. ImEric

ImEric Member

http://jalopnik.com/chevy-bolt-ordering-delayed-by-three-months-report-1785668778

The Media Coverage of Tesla is both a blessing and a curse for the company. On the one hand, they don't have to spend money on mindless advertising (they spend money on marketing, but that's very different from, say, T.V. commercials or magazine ads). On the other hand, if there is ANY delay with the Model 3, we will all know about it. I had to search to find out about a delay with the Bolt.

Deliveries may begin either at the end of this year or the beginning of next year. Originally, this was supposed to come out in the first half of 2016 and be the 2016 Chevy Bolt, "two full years before the Model 3," were Marry Barra's words, I believe. Now with the 2017 Chevy Bolt, Chevy will lose some of the advantage that it might have gotten from releasing so much earlier, because they're still releasing what I believe will be an inferior product, and they'll only have a couple of months' head start.

• Helpful x 1
  2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

• Informative x 2
    • Funny x 1
  3. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

They'll get one or two out the door before the end of the year to say they did. But mass availability is not going to be until 2017. Still ahead of Model 3 but by less than a year...

4. McHoffa

McHoffa Member

5. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
  6. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

He will have enough headroom.

• Funny x 2
  7. vinnie97

vinnie97 Member

How can someone so "smart" be so dumb.

8. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Maybe he's getting paid.

9. ApauloThirteen

"...My answer is I don't have the first damn clue. Maybe he parks in itty bitty parking spaces. Maybe he dislikes large cars. I'm an educated man, but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about the travel habits of Steve Wozniak. What I do know is that he was set to leave the Tesla family at the end of 2016. Now, are these the questions I was really called here to answer? Interior functionality and features? Please tell me that you have something more, Lieutenant. These Tesla model 3s are set for production in 2017. Please tell me their Chevy advocate hasn't pinned their hopes to an interior design...."

10. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

I don't think he's dumb.
    But it does seem to be going from a BMW 5-series to a Chevy Sonic