Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bolt EV EPA range = 238 miles combined!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If GM follows their normal operating procedure, the delivered product will exceed the specifications.

We have no idea how the software is actually going to work on any future cars.
Everybody who is playing with Autonomy except Google, is buying a database from somebody.
However, GM has been able to track nearly all their cars since 2004? in real time.

Chevy had some of the first "learning" software in cars, and it was about 20 years ago. Crowd learning? No idea where they are with that, but the hardware has been in place for a very long time. OnStar relays telemetry, what is collected, or what can be collected is unknown. We do know it tracks the fleet of Volts. It knows where every Volt is in real time, and what it's driveline, charge, fuel, speed and airbag status is.

I could be wrong, but based on the incremental progression, I assume the 2017's will be a step further.
Can the cars receive the information gotten via OnStar. Plus what happens when you stop paying for OnStar, do they still get that info?

Can the cars receive the information gotten via OnStar. Plus what happens when you stop paying for OnStar, do they still get that info?

That is a good question. I know the unit is under power, and IIRC, it will allow calls to 911.

Best person to ask that would be somebody with a Volt and expired OnStar who uses Voltstats.net. Voltstats.net reads OnStar data.

Nope, once your Onstar service is deactivated, all access to Onstar info is cut off.

BUT, all Chevy's these days come with 5 years of free Onstar BASIC service, which will allow the data feeds to continue (and lets your perform remote actions via the Onstar/My Chevrolet app). Full Onstar service is a 3-6 month t