Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnet Charging App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
Apologies if already talked about on here, but as you can imagine, searching for "Bonnet" doesn't really get me anywhere.

I don't really use public charging but a friend of mine asked me about this and I didn't have any answers for him so wanted to see if anybody here has any experience of using them.

25 ppkw charging at public stations seems a bit too good to be true given the current state of things and thats just the pay as you go rate. Heck some people are paying that for charging at home as it is!

Be interested to hear thoughts.

It sounds like a good idea but reading the app reviews they are mixed.. some due to the recency of the app and tweaks required and many due to the low number of charger types supported - albeit with promises that more will be added. Another complaint was the need to sign up bank details before being able to use the app which is off-putting.
It may all be well-intentioned but adds the possibility that this is a harvesting app with money to be made form reselling info or it may be an early loss leader with plans to ramp up cost or indeed just a way to generate a product with intention to sell it when it starts to mature.
I'll reserve judgement until it's been around longer. Indeed, in 3.5years I've still not taken the plastic wrap off the end of my mennekes or granny cables and only needed (free for life so worth driving out of my way) superchargers.

Bonnet regularly shares voucher codes since they are new. You can use the current code "FULLYCHARGED" to get one month free. You can also use my referral code from my signature for another £15 during signup.

Bonnet regularly shares voucher codes since they are new. You can use the current code "FULLYCHARGED" to get one month free. You can also use my referral code from my signature for another £15 during signup.

Which is great and all, but you have not actually said if its actually any good? Assuming you are using the service then rather than just collecting referrals for it?

Reactions: init6
Agreed. Still cheaper than EJN, Maingau and ChargePoint if you want to use Ionity.
I’ve signed up to their monthly subscription. Now 40ppkwh.

Have test to try Ionity but this is much cheaper than the Tesla supercharger which least charged me 67ppkwh.

Anybody know what the benefits of letting them access your Tesla account? I’m a bit worried about letting them have access.