Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnet now has IONITY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that don’t know, bonnet changed their pricing this week and also cancelled all the free promo codes. Taking a lot of flack for the latter on socials.

Ionity still 50p

I’ve had two poor experiences with two separate ionity sites this week followed by 150 kW Shell site so will be avoiding once my “refill” is used unless they bring on other CPOs.

chargeprice.app to the rescue
I bought a refill with a plan to use Ionity on a road trip in a few weeks time.

When you say poor experience, couldn't charge?
Ive noticed on Ionity for example it's not clear how you'd match up the charger yourl want Vs the app?

I gave up on them a while back. They offered codes which they withdrew after I signed up, the links to their privacy page were broken and it took them months to reply to my email telling them, you can’t terminate your agreement or remove your payment details without talking to a member of staff, and even after I got them to remove all my details, they still send me unsolicited emails.

If you can save hard cash using them then fine, but I certainly wouldn’t go near them if I had a choice.

Reactions: CMc1 and browellm
True, I just thought 200kwh (approx 800 miles) would last more people longer than the subscription free period.

There are not many Ionity sites on my usual routes that are not constantly rammed at peak times and most other chargers on the network at 50kw.

For the most part, I’d rather pay the full whack and charge at full speed where there wasn’t likely to be a queue.

Bonnet now makes little sense to me. It does very little electric universe doesn't (Especially with a discount for go/intelligent users), and the majority of my public charging is superchargers anyway. I guess if you have a narrow usecase of always charging at the same public chargers, then the 10-15% discounts might be worth paying for, but it's a very narrow usecase

From today, Bonnet has ZERO interest. They stopped the unique pricing model that made them interesting. Each station has its own pricing, and of course, there’s a huge price increase.
It was good while it lasted…

Reactions: btc1k
I deleted the app ages ago, but they made it really difficult to remove/delete my account, I have a personal policy to avoid companies that operates like that, if they were confident in their product, they'd let you leave easily knowing you wouldn't want to, or if you did it was for good reason.

Ah so the old Netflix approach then?

You missed the part that follows which is them jacking up the prices and everyone stops using it and they disappear into obscurity overnight.

All I am saying is don’t get sucked into loading your account with a loads of credit. While it’s great right now, they don’t really have a USP that can’t be copied by anyone and the current pricing model isn’t sustainable as such, it’s highly likely they’ll eventually run out of money.
Bonnet purchased by Ovo today. Nice return on the shares.

"The reports on my death are greatly exaggerated"