Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnet now has IONITY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I always used the Cambridge services one when it was free, regularly over 200kW at the start.
With recent updates both M3 and MY receive a large bust at the start irrespective of the soc %. So by simply disconnecting and reconnecting the cable every 10 minutes I have successfully managed to reduce the charge time by 2 to 3 minutes.

Reactions: 94jdh
The website code gives you one free charge. The personal referral code gives you £15.
Two different things. That's where the confusion comes from.
Thanks, but irrespective, rule g of the website prohibits

upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in any areas that are designated for such purpose or if provided explicit permission by a TMC administrator;

Codes are promotional material designed to encourage sign up or use of a 3rd party service. If we allowed codes, or links to voucher code websites etc, whether the person doing so gained or not personally, we would be overrun with them.

Reactions: btc1k
That didn’t last long, increases from next Wednesday

FDD5BB73-F243-473F-BF59-16EDAABA4A14.jpeg

Reactions: js_uk and Sean.
Probably shows it's not profitable/feasible to charge less than the SuC prices given current energy prices.

I assume they were operating at a loss to get new users on board but it was never going to be sustainable.
Probably linked to what the networks they used rather than SuC themselves, but I agree with the point.

The model was always difficult unless you were the defacto standard and everyone needed to be on it. If they are cheaper than the network, who pays the difference, and more expensve and why would anyone use them more than just occassionally? The "joinbonnet" website didn't actually work either unless you were on a mobile phone and downloaded the app.

I think it would work better if the networks themselves joined together and pooled their capability, albeit that might give the competition police a headache

Sad to say it but I give them 6 months unless something magical happens.

Reactions: Sean.
Just cancelled my subscription refill, I was previously on the 50kWh at £15 which was a nice 30p/kWh but now the only options are a measly 20kWh or pay 3 times as much for 100kWh at £45, shame there's no middle ground!

Probably linked to what the networks they used rather than SuC themselves, but I agree with the point.

The model was always difficult unless you were the defacto standard and everyone needed to be on it. If they are cheaper than the network, who pays the difference, and more expensve and why would anyone use them more than just occassionally? The "joinbonnet" website didn't actually work either unless you were on a mobile phone and downloaded the app.

I think it would work better if the networks themselves joined together and pooled their capability, albeit that might give the competition police a headache

Sad to say it but I give them 6 months unless something magical happens.
In the current electricity price crisis, I’m expecting a lot more casualties. I’d be surprised if they can even sustain the updated prices for long. About the worst possible timing to try an launch a service like this.

I tried to find a Bonnet afiliated charger yesterday whilst driving from Salisbury to Chichester. Seemed that they were all 50kW, better than nothing but I needed a more or less full charge 15%-90% so was not prepared to wait an hour. Ended up at the Superchargers at Havant, paying the full whack of 48p/kWh. And I still have a £15 credit on my Bonnet account. Hey ho, another hope for a bright new charging future dashed! Now that Bonnet is the same cost or more as a Supercharger, I don't think I will be using it (though I will use the £15 credit). They will disappear soon enough.

Reactions: Louis0w
I tried to find a Bonnet afiliated charger yesterday whilst driving from Salisbury to Chichester. Seemed that they were all 50kW, better than nothing but I needed a more or less full charge 15%-90% so was not prepared to wait an hour. Ended up at the Superchargers at Havant, paying the full whack of 48p/kWh. And I still have a £15 credit on my Bonnet account. Hey ho, another hope for a bright new charging future dashed! Now that Bonnet is the same cost or more as a Supercharger, I don't think I will be using it (though I will use the £15 credit). They will disappear soon enough.
Annoyingly, Bonnet won't let you search for high powered chargers, the search stops at 50kw+

Quite why they can't do a search function for 150kw+, I don't know