Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am right there with you. I'm pretty sure this is the only thing holding us back at this point. That said, because of the self-adjusting articulation, I'm not sure how to get precise measurements of the envelope of door travel without trying it in a nearly identical space. Bonnie's photo of the X in her garage on the first night (plywood overhead) was a decent replication of my space, but I couldn't tell how far out they went, and how low the outside edges were.

My hope is that as more people take delivery and post photos/measurements, I'll find someone with similar dimensions or I'll just start to get more comfortable with garage clearances. Imagine, for instance, nobody having problems with any of their garage situations. At some point my confidence will just outgrow my concerns.

My garage has tons of obstacles: overhead garage door track, shelving interrupting the arc at the bottom, and at the top. It detects them both perfectly. Happy to take a video or two and measure. My only hesitance is that the garage is not always going to be in the garage at the precise place -- so your mileage may vary. (If you'll pardon the pun.)

My garage has tons of obstacles: overhead garage door track, shelving interrupting the arc at the bottom, and at the top. It detects them both perfectly. Happy to take a video or two and measure. My only hesitance is that the garage is not always going to be in the garage at the precise place -- so your mileage may vary. (If you'll pardon the pun.)

Thanks, Matt. My track is at 87". My opener is ceiling mounted and the bottom is at 85". I have about 28" of clearance on both sides of my MS (obviously a width difference with the MX. In the wiki post, the important questions from me are the exterior height of the doors at the highest and lowest settings, and the total width outside of the vehicle body when open. Once I have an idea how far from "fully" open the doors will be, I'll know whether there will be a lot of ducking involved in entry. :wink:

I don't think it's her Sig 2. Same photo is used on another website, which seems to indicate the VIN is in the 18000 range:

It's the same website. Just mobile/desktop. Anyway, that number is not the VIN.

Oh good, new rumors! :) But thanks for posting - I know there are several white X in Europe. Mine was not the first, since the new owner preferred I keep it an extra month to shake out any issues first. (Yay!)

Just to avoid rumours : this isn't your former car? That's even more puzzling! It means there are more people willing to pay a hefty premium for a car that is for all intents and purposes crippled due to the charger mismatch just months before the official launch? Wonder when they are going to show up in the official registration statistics. As of 31st of January I know of just one.

Just to avoid rumours : this isn't your former car? That's even more puzzling! It means there are more people willing to pay a hefty premium for a car that is for all intents and purposes crippled due to the charger mismatch just months before the official launch? Wonder when they are going to show up in the official registration statistics. As of 31st of January I know of just one.

Well certainly the current owner is under no obligation to tell me if he's decided to sell the car (meaning I don't know) - but he did tell me that when it arrived in late January, the guys working at the port commented it was the third X they'd seen that week and the second white one.

As far as it being crippled, I believe the intention was never to keep it overseas permanently. He'd indicated to me that when he returned stateside, he'd be shipping it back here. So the EU was more of a detour than a permanent destination.

- - - Updated - - -

"Crippled"?! "charger mismatch"?! Did I miss something?

You can charge a NA-built car using J1772 in the EU.

"Crippled"?! "charger mismatch"?! Did I miss something?

You can't supercharge a US car in Europe.

Well certainly the current owner is under no obligation to tell me if he's decided to sell the car (meaning I don't know) - but he did tell me that when it arrived in late January, the guys working at the port commented it was the third X they'd seen that week and the second white one.

Makes sense. Either there are more crazy people than I imagine there to be or these earlier Model X's were the Geneve exhibition.

I guess I missed or forgot the post where you mentioned you completed the sale. You sold the signature and kept the founders?

Yes, kind of. I don't have the Founders yet in my garage (but an HPC being installed this week). But the Founders is arguably more collectible than the Sig & with the discount ... no brainer. So I'm X-less for a little bit more. But not much more.

- - - Updated - - -

VIN? 18000 range? :?

On the bright side, the interior pictures are some of the best I've seen so far of the tan leather. It actually looks true to color -- most other pictures of the tan X interior all present it as being too light.

Tan leather? Definitely not mine. Sig 2 has black leather. ... Yep, just looked at the pics. Not Sig 2. Which is nice evidence that there is more than one white X there. As I was told.

Yes, kind of. I don't have the Founders yet in my garage (but an HPC being installed this week). But the Founders is arguably more collectible than the Sig & with the discount ... no brainer. So I'm X-less for a little bit more. But not much more.

- - - Updated - - -

Tan leather? Definitely not mine. Sig 2 has black leather. ... Yep, just looked at the pics. Not Sig 2. Which is nice evidence that there is more than one white X there. As I was told.

That's what I thought when I first saw the listing. I was pretty sure you didn't have tan leather seats.

6th item on the latest XKCD almost seems like a reference to this thread :)

famous_duos.png

xkcd: Famous Duos

• Love
Reactions: Red Sage