Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Virginia, the door sensors deal just fine with garage impediments. Stopped short, as they were supposed to do.

I've been watching this thread enthusiastically - glad everyone got to share in the fun today (except me - I won't be back from Tahoe until tomorrow). I have been eagerly awaiting the garage clearance information. Whether it stops or not wasn't my concern - I trust Tesla thoroughly in that regard. My concern was more about clearance after it stops as well as speed in opening with obstruction. In the delivery event, the doors were markedly slower when opening obstructed vs. clear. I'm curious how that looks in practice, as well as how much headroom/clearance there is in the overhead situation pictured in your post.

Your plywood looks like about my roof level (8') in my garage. I am interested how likely it would be to hit one's head on the door. Also, how far out the door reaches when open (I have maximized storage in the garage and have shelving up and down the walls).

Thanks much for what you've shared so far and in the future. A great contribution.

Several of the pictures with the doors open (not just on Bonnie's Sig) seem to show that the clearance is rather low. I wonder how convenient these doors are for tall people. I'd hate to get out of the front door only to hit my head on the rear doors...

A six foot tall person can STAND UP on the floor of the car with the falcon doors open. If you've stepped down and out of the car you could be 6'6" or so and clear the door

Thats awesome. I just had a flashback. Completely forgot that I met Bonnie until I saw todays pics.
Just after I took my first real road trip in the S, she was at the service center (I think driving a green S?), and coming back from an even longer trip than mine. Took the time to pleasantly chat with a new owner. A good ambassador for Tesla enthusiasts.

How high is the floor from the ground?

Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 1.01.41 PM.jpg

But Yggdrasill (omg my phone just text predicted that after "yggd"?! Is there a meaning I am unfamiliar with?) put together the red circle graphic ;)

Ok, I'll be in Off Topic corner for the rest of the evening.

I will now continue off topic with my first post on the forum As Norwegians we learn about Yggdrasill in elementary school as she is the "world tree" in Norse mythology. Having roots and branches all over the world, Yggdrasill is present all over the world! Actually very much like the mother tree in Avatar religion lesson over, now back to the real messiah, the model X

My attempt at artistic impression showing the contrast between the white body and the black trim and dark glass + geometric reflections...

Attachments

• 20151220_152623_reduced.jpg
    20151220_152623_reduced.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 232