Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great question.

Wipers go up at least as high as the visor position. But here's the cool thing: When I was driving & turned off the wipers briefly, I could watch the rain movement across the glass, reflected in headlights (nighttime). So basically, I was observing the flow of air over the glass. It was so cool! The water flowed exactly as you'd expect, given the aerodynamics of the car. Up and over, lots of vertical straight lines on the glass, with a few on the edges angled out and off.

Re: Water flow
Tweet: Model X road trip video 2: rain or jumping to hyperspace?
Bubba Murarka on Twitter:

Where is the Camera for Towing Mode?

I noticed that Bonnie’s Model X had the towing package, since it came with what looked like a 2” receiver in previous pictures. But on the website they show a roof mounted extra backup camera to see over the items that are towed. I don’t see the camera on Bonnie’s car. So Bonnie, do you have the towing package, and if so, is there an extra camera? Does it say towing package on the window sticker (can’t find any pictures of window sticker)?

I noticed that Bonnie’s Model X had the towing package, since it came with what looked like a 2” receiver in previous pictures. But on the website they show a roof mounted extra backup camera to see over the items that are towed. I don’t see the camera on Bonnie’s car. So Bonnie, do you have the towing package, and if so, is there an extra camera? Does it say towing package on the window sticker (can’t find any pictures of window sticker)?

I have the towing package. It's on my invoice. The receiver hardware is packaged up in the frunk. And the menu selections include 'Trailer Mode'.

trailer mode.JPG

Picture of Tow Mode Camera?

I have the towing package. It's on my invoice. The receiver hardware is packaged up in the frunk. And the menu selections include 'Trailer Mode'.
That's interesting. What happens when you put it in trailer mode? Does the reverse/backup camera show a different picture? I don't have my configuration page available any more, but found this on the internet:
Towing Camera.jpeg

That's interesting. What happens when you put it in trailer mode? Does the reverse/backup camera show a different picture? I don't have my configuration page available any more, but found this on the internet:

If you look at the picture in post 806, it's pretty clear Bonnie's X does not have a camera mounted in the place it is mounted on the car in your picture.

If you look at the picture in post 806, it's pretty clear Bonnie's X does not have a camera mounted in the place it is mounted on the car in your picture.
Yes, as I mentioned upthread, I saw that too and that's the reason for my post. I wonder if they have a hidden camera, or they did away with the camera? I though it was a good deal for the towing package if it included an additional camera.

And now I finally realize that I have met andrewket in person! Yelling like a crazy person trying to get him to stop in time...

Gosh, there are a lot of us in this thread who were present when The Rock leapt out and got Andrew. The aftermath of which incident was one of those above-and-beyond Tesla Service stories we love to tell...

Gosh, there are a lot of us in this thread who were present when The Rock leapt out and got Andrew. The aftermath of which incident was one of those above-and-beyond Tesla Service stories we love to tell...

For us uninitiated on the East Coast, is there a link we could read up on it. From what I gather, Andrew backed into Bonnie's Roadster at a gathering. But it sounds like the devil is in the details or the story loses much in summation.