Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Booked in for CCS Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, I have booked in for CCS upgrade for my 2018 Model S. My main purpose of upgrade is to be able to charge on non-tesla charging network when supercharger is not nearby/enroute. Is there any catch here, before I part from my money? How much does it cost in the UK? Do I get any other benefit with my MY combination like v3 fast charging at Tesla network with the CCS?

The only other thing you gain is the ability to use the V3 only Supercharger sites. But you will be limited to ~142kW anytime you are using the adapter, be that at a third-party CCS site or a Tesla V3 Supercharger site.

Reactions: atti
Off Topic: I was amazed when I plugged into a V3 Supercharger near me and I was getting charged at 248KW, adding 1031 mi/hr to my charge on my 2020 S LR. That is impressive! The fans and cooling were definitely on high. Sounded like it was going to take off!

I do not know exact cost in UK (you might find an answer from UK section of this forum) but in EU it is €299.- and it has adapter included so not need to purchase any additions.
11FD22CE-7F89-43C7-A301-53F072D8B5DC.jpeg

Reactions: atti