Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Booking service appointments by app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It feels a little odd. Do I just turn up, leave it there and get given a courtesy car? I'm surprised there isn't an intermediate step where things that could be dealt with by mobile service, or even over the air, are taken out of the equation?

Not that I think my points can be, but the first one I input perhaps could.

I have:
- crackling DAB radio
- some bodywork defects raised on collection, not major
- the wrong charging adapter
- a question about what I think was a reboot of both screens while driving.

As @haxter says if a Ranger can do it they’ll ask you for dates and location and will cancel the SC visit.

The loaner won’t be automatic, I think you can edit the service request so might be worth adding that in as a requirement.

Can confirm - booking by mobile app just sticks things in a queue. There's a triage system where an actual, real-life person looks at the booking request and details and determines what to do about it.

I've used the app twice now for booking - the first time actually required a visit (windscreen replacement) and I got follow-up emails and texts close (...uncomfortably close, but then I do like to know what I'm doing as far ahead as possible...) to the time confirming the arrangements for drop-off. The second time was for a problem with the wall charger and I got a fairly quick follow up to say "we've cancelled the appointment at the service centre, and passed the problem on to the charging team" and they dealt with the issue remotely.

It would be nice if there was a step that involved actually speaking in real-time to an actual person - I believe there's this technology called "telephony" that allows it but clearly Tesla haven't enabled that advanced option for day-to-day use - but as it is the process does work in my experience.

My experience thus far (wait for it..) has been good in booking a sevice visit and I have actually dealt with real people.
I mentioned some small bodywork issues when I collected my M3 from Heathrow and within the hour an appointment arrived for Hethrow a few weeks later. I changed the date and location to Dublin for this afternoon. Last week Dublin SC called and emails were exchanged with photos and details of my requirements. So all very good and I'm off to Dublin today to rectify issues.

Then, yesterday, the SC appointment disappearred from the App. Hopefully this is a glitch and in the real world my appointment still exists.

All worked well for me so far.

After I made a booking via the app I received a phone call from the SC, they confirmed they were checking remote diagnostics and would be back in touch.

2 days later got an email saying they had checked the diagnostics and did need the car in so they had booked a new date and confirmed a loan car would be waiting for me. (didn't need to ask). They also said to let them know if the new date didn't work for me.

All good and no problems.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Roy W. and DJP31
It may be me being a bit dim but I can't see anywhere in the app to book a service? Is it possible that this option has been removed for me as my car is a company car and services need to be booked via the lease company?

I seem to have a stripped down Tesla account on the webiste too.