Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bookmarklet to get VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rather than constantly checking the source code you can use this bookmarklet to see if you have a VIN or not....

javascript:var%20teslaVin=Tesla.ProductF.Data.Insurance.vin;if(teslaVin)%7Balert(teslaVin)%7Delse%7Balert('No%20VIN%20yet')%7D;

Bonus is that it works on mobile devices, like iOS, that don’t support view-source.

• Love
Reactions: Phlier
Rather than constantly checking the source code you can use this bookmarklet to see if you have a VIN or not....

javascript:var%20teslaVin=Tesla.ProductF.Data.Insurance.vin;if(teslaVin)%7Balert(teslaVin)%7Delse%7Balert('No%20VIN%20yet')%7D;

Bonus is that it works on mobile devices, like iOS, that don’t support view-source.
Very cool of you to do this.

Mods should sticky this, TBH.

Edit: I just "reported" the OP. Said it was extremely helpful for *anyone* that had ordered a new Tesla, and should really be stickied. Hope I don't get yelled at for not using the "report" function correctly. :)

Anyone (not just Model 3 orders) that orders a new Tesla would find this extremely valuable since Tesla doesn't show the VIN number to the buyer in a timely manner.

I'm not sure people realize exactly how cool this is, really.

If not made a sticky itself, it should at least be included in one of the "useful links" stickies.

Last edited:

You are brilliant thank you!