Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boom box custom horn won’t stay selected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a custom mp3 horn for my car, It does work, when I select it it goes through and when I honk my horn it does play the horn and then the custom music. But anytime I put the car in park, or it goes into a sleep it automatically reverts back to fart instead of my custom sound. Anyone know how to fix this?

I came here to find a solution to the same problem, but no luck so far. Like yours, when I have a custom MP3 from USB selected, it will eventually revert back to the built-in fart sound instead of my custom sound. It doesn't seem to revert back every time. For example, if I stop multiple places during the day it seems to stay but after an overnight it changes to the fart. TBH: I'd prefer it revert back to no sound and just the normal horn.

Anyone have any idea on how to make the sound stick?

Came here to try and see if anyone else is seeing this behavior. Wanted to put a custom sound on Summon but it always gets reverted when my car turns off. Kind of defeats the purpose of being able to select a custom sound for Summon since the car will almost always be off when you go to start summoning it.

My guess is the Tesla software reads the custom files in each time it turns on, so it cant remember the sound you had selected in the same way it would one of the built in sounds. Still would love to see this working in some future update