Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox Custom Sound Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man I’m having too much fun playing the internet dial up MP3 on my phone... my kids are wondering why my wife and I are all about this nostalgic noise!

We need to create a sound board somehow, as when I want my horn - I want/need my horn, but while rolling through a parking lot - I really want the coconuts or jaws MP3 to play while search, and search, and search for a parking space

Reactions: Ruffles
For those who have successfully done it can you answer the following question?

After getting out of the car do you need to re-select your mp3 file or does the car remember?

After setting it up do you need to leave the USB stick in or can it be removed?

I tried playing around with it quickly today but it seems to default back after getting out of the car.

After getting out of the car do you need to re-select your mp3 file or does the car remember?

I tried playing around with it quickly today but it seems to default back after getting out of the car.

It turns off every time for me also.

Where are you plugging in your USB sticks?

The USB A in the glovebox is used for sentry mode so are you

A) using a splitter on the glovebox USB port and plugging in your sentry drive AND USB with custom sounds

or

B) using a thumb drive with a USB C and plugging into the ports in the center console?

It does not remember.
You have to leave your USB stick in.
You have to set this EVERYTIME you get in your car. It's useless.

Not only does the BoomBox app reverts all custom selected sounds to 'currently playing media' when one gets back in the car, but it plays the driving sounds inside the car, which is quite annoying...

I would expect better from Tesla engineers, perhaps this was developed by an intern overnight!

• Informative
Reactions: Tezlowski
Not only does the BoomBox app reverts all custom selected sounds to 'currently playing media' when one gets back in the car, but it plays the driving sounds inside the car, which is quite annoying...

I would expect better from Tesla engineers, perhaps this was developed by an intern overnight!
This is highly irritating for sure, why won't it save the custom audio if you're not removing the USB or anything... defeats the purpose of the custom sound for summoning the vehicle.

Reactions: KurtSanders