Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox Custom Sounds (not working)

Alexander

P# 8,878
Oct 9, 2012
Valencia, CA
Wanted to start a thread for Model S owners having trouble with custom sounds in Boombox. Seems like some Model 3 owners have gotten it to work by doing the following:

- Create a partition on an existing USB just for Boombox or use a separate USB drive
- Format the USB drive as exFAT
- Label the drive itself as Boombox
- Create directory on drive called Boombox and put all mp3 files in it

Tried this on my Model S and no joy. Anyone else able to get this to work?

Alexander

P# 8,878
Oct 9, 2012
Valencia, CA
Got it!

The file name of the sound file can't have spaces in it.

Changing "Jetsons Car.mp3" to "JetsonsCar.mp3" got it to show up in the list. To make sure it wasn’t a fluke I changed another sound file from "Terminator Theme.mp3" to "TerminatorTheme.mp3" and that one shows up now too.

hcdavis3

HCD3
Mar 3, 2019
I can’t get the stock horn sounds to stick. I have to set them up again every time I turn the car on. I have selected replace horn. Any thoughts appreciated.

Reactions: Gasaraki

Koolio46

Aug 26, 2020
Boston, MA
I can’t get the stock horn sounds to stick. I have to set them up again every time I turn the car on. I have selected replace horn. Any thoughts appreciated.
Have you tried the soft reboot?

I haven’t had the chance to play with it on mine yet so can’t verify if it’ll work but worth a shot.

Reactions: hcdavis3

egady

Oct 31, 2020
Bloomington, IN
I have a 2020 Model S performance and just got the 2020.48.26 update. It had all the games and other updates but no Boombox. Any other Model S owners run into this? Do I not have an external speaker??

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.4.18.2
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
I have a 2020 Model S performance and just got the 2020.48.26 update. It had all the games and other updates but no Boombox. Any other Model S owners run into this? Do I not have an external speaker??
What is the manufacture date of your Model S? They didn't start installing the speakers in the S until September 2020.

Gordeee

Jul 26, 2019
Halfmoon Bay, BC

I think it's by design that it resets to the stock horn every time you start the car. It's a one time use thing and you need to go to Toybox on every single drive that you want to use the cool sounds on. Kinda lame that it doesn't stick ...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC