Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox Feature Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The boombox feature is useless. If you play media through your phone, it doesn't work with the files you have on the USB drive. It's amazing how they can't program something so simple like connecting keeping two different inputs connected at the same time.

Example, when you play media from the tune-in radio or slacker, you won't get audio from the phone even though you have bluetooth connected and it supposed to make notification sounds.

When you don't have the USB input set, the Boombox doesn't work.

Tesla replaced the speaker they forgot to reinstall this summer. Was surprisingly painless.... They sent mobile support to my house. He looked and saw the wiring harness hanging down to where the speaker was but said he had to change me to a service center to have it replaced. Tesla was able to confirm that my car originally had one and replaced it. It's back to making sound at slow speed, but haven't had a chance to try anything else.

Tesla replaced the speaker they forgot to reinstall this summer. Was surprisingly painless.... They sent mobile support to my house. He looked and saw the wiring harness hanging down to where the speaker was but said he had to change me to a service center to have it replaced. Tesla was able to confirm that my car originally had one and replaced it. It's back to making sound at slow speed, but haven't had a chance to try anything else.
Do you have the Boombox app?!!

No...if ur car didn’t come with the speaker, the option isn’t available, even if u plug one in. It’s about what Tesla has ur car configured too, and until they find a way to update the configuration for the speaker we are SOL when it comes to the Boombox app. But if you just want the forward and reverse sound, it works. Go figure!!!

How did you get the forward & reverse sound & how did you purchase the speaker?

SO,

I partitioned a Tesla thumbdrive to do boombox. Drive was called “Tesla Drive” . In partitioning them I renamed the folder in Boombox to Boombox and it works fine. It seems like My cameras are NOT recording to the other side though. Is my folder named incorrectly? Anyone have a to- to help me work it out?