Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox Feature Not Working

Cyclegamer

Sep 14, 2020
Georgia
I’m having this exact same issue on my 2020 model. Basically is making this feature useless. I was expecting it to play the sounds I selected every time and not overtake existing playing audio. Had to be a bug because this just isn’t right.
You need to make sure it’s actually plugged in. Is it plugged in?

Heffeweizen

Dec 29, 2020
Model X... When in Park I can activate the Replace Horn. But once I go into Drive, then the Replace Horn gets deactivated (grayed out).
Any ideas?
Thanks

Gasaraki

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
The boombox feature is useless. If you play media through your phone, it doesn't work with the files you have on the USB drive. It's amazing how they can't program something so simple like connecting keeping two different inputs connected at the same time.

Example, when you play media from the tune-in radio or slacker, you won't get audio from the phone even though you have bluetooth connected and it supposed to make notification sounds.

When you don't have the USB input set, the Boombox doesn't work.

hasselboxster

Dec 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
Have an 07/19, bought an oem speaker thinking it must have the wire being that close to 09/19 but doesn’t appear to. Pulled wheel well apart, and frunk too - nothing just laying in there or even tied up.

Z28diddy

Sep 23, 2019
Texas
Tesla replaced the speaker they forgot to reinstall this summer. Was surprisingly painless.... They sent mobile support to my house. He looked and saw the wiring harness hanging down to where the speaker was but said he had to change me to a service center to have it replaced. Tesla was able to confirm that my car originally had one and replaced it. It's back to making sound at slow speed, but haven't had a chance to try anything else.

Cyclegamer

Sep 14, 2020
Georgia
Tesla replaced the speaker they forgot to reinstall this summer. Was surprisingly painless.... They sent mobile support to my house. He looked and saw the wiring harness hanging down to where the speaker was but said he had to change me to a service center to have it replaced. Tesla was able to confirm that my car originally had one and replaced it. It's back to making sound at slow speed, but haven't had a chance to try anything else.
Do you have the Boombox app?!!

Phatboy

Apr 30, 2019
SAN Jose
No...if ur car didn’t come with the speaker, the option isn’t available, even if u plug one in. It’s about what Tesla has ur car configured too, and until they find a way to update the configuration for the speaker we are SOL when it comes to the Boombox app. But if you just want the forward and reverse sound, it works. Go figure!!!

How did you get the forward & reverse sound & how did you purchase the speaker?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC