Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Not sure how reliable this is as I have not seen anyone get 2021.12.25.6 but the release notes state that Boombox will be removed with this update.

Moderator-I’m sure the contents of the link is more applicable to a different thread but I figured it is relevant information for the OP.

Not sure how reliable this is as I have not seen anyone get 2021.12.25.6 but the release notes state that Boombox will be removed with this update.

Moderator-I’m sure the contents of the link is more applicable to a different thread but I figured it is relevant information for the OP.

Suggests that change is only for cars in Hong Kong (for fairly obvious, not on topic, reasons)

Reactions: NpOverspeed
IF YOU CAN'T GET IT TO WORK, TRY THIS:

Tried every suggestion in forums and watched wayyy too many YouTube videos and the custom horn STILL wasn't working.

Finally, I got it working by naming the two partitioned drives as TESLADRIVE (T: ) and BOOMBOX (B: ).

I then created 2 folders under TESLADRIVE (T: ) named "TeslaCam" and "Boombox".

I created another "Boombox" folder on the Boombox drive. I then placed the songs in 3 different locations to create redundancy hoping one of them would work. I am not sure which one worked, but I'm just happy it worked.

Added music files in these 3 locations:
1. In the Boombox folder under TESLADRIVE (T: )
2. In the Boombox folder under BOOMBOX (B: )
3. Under BOOMBOX (B: ) outside of the folder

My songs were mp3 and WAV and they both worked!

In summary, it looked like this:

TESLADRIVE (T: )
> TeslaCam
> Boombox

nospaces.mp3
nospaces.wav

BOOMBOX (B: )
nospaces.mp3
nospaces.wav
> Boombox
nospaces.mp3
nospaces.wav