Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox question - replace horn function?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I can use boombox when I honk the horn, it still honks the regular horn once before it will play a sound. When I am in park, I can select, "Replace horn" but when I put the car in drive, it deselects and grays out. Is this normal? I can't imagine that it's supposed to be that way, otherwise, it wouldn't offer the option to replace to begin with. Thoughts?

I think we though that BoomBox was a way to replace the regular sounds... instead it's literally a BoomBox and you can use it to temporarily play sounds through the external speaker. That's it. They don't stick around, they don't update the system.

I think we though that BoomBox was a way to replace the regular sounds... instead it's literally a BoomBox and you can use it to temporarily play sounds through the external speaker. That's it. They don't stick around, they don't update the system.

Maybe we got that impression because the function is literally called, “Replace horn!” I do get your meaning though about using a fart sound in an emergency. In fact, I had the horn set to La Cucaracha when yesterday while on the freeway someone almost ran into the side of me and the best I could muster was a short honk and then a Tijuana brass.