Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I slapped a switch on my boombox speaker. When I want to play I turn it on. When I want silence I switch it off.

Maybe other people aren't bothered by the sound but my Model 3 didn't have a speaker so it really bugs me. Especially reverse. It is louder than my ice cars. It wakes up my daughter from her nap when I try to sneak out because her room is by the garage.

So I slapped a switch on my boombox speaker. When I want to play I turn it on. When I want silence I switch it off.

Maybe other people aren't bothered by the sound but my Model 3 didn't have a speaker so it really bugs me. Especially reverse. It is louder than my ice cars. It wakes up my daughter from her nap when I try to sneak out because her room is by the garage.

Care to post some details?

Reactions: Gurule92
Care to post some details?
Yea sure,

I just picked up an interruptor switch from orielly. From there I just followed the procedure for disabling it. Once I had it out I cut the zip tie holding the cord down so I could have some more slack.

From there I cut the white wire and ran some wire to the switch. So when the switch is on it completes the circuit. When it's off it doesn't.