Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I'm reading all of this correctly - to change the forward-driving PWS, you use the Driving Sounds function which comes out of both the external speaker and the internals, and doesn't shut off at 19 mph.....? (Haven't messed around with adding any customer sounds yet)

Do you mean an actual horn sound, like when you need to honk to an idiot, or sounds to play with, like the farts and 'La Cucaracha'? For horn noise, I'd make it more European, so higher pitched. For play, it'd be nice to add a believable V8 engine noise, just to see people's faces. Or a jet engine sound. Ha ha. By the way, how do you program those sounds? Curious what you do. Keep us posted.

Can't seem to get the custom sounds to show up. Using Flash drive Exfat on Mac- doesn't allow partition. Tried new folder name- nothing.

Anyone?
I believe it is exfat32. Then partition the drive into 2 sections. One labled TeslaCam and the other Boombox. Then put a folder labeled Boombox in that partion. Then you can save up to 5 sounds in the folder, but the file names can't have any spaces in them. That is what was causing me trouble. Once i took the spaces out they showed up fine. If you still have problems go to Youtube there are dozens of how to videos. The exfat32 and the spaces in the file name were my stumbling blocks.

Reactions: Riguy
Do you mean an actual horn sound, like when you need to honk to an idiot, or sounds to play with, like the farts and 'La Cucaracha'? For horn noise, I'd make it more European, so higher pitched. For play, it'd be nice to add a believable V8 engine noise, just to see people's faces. Or a jet engine sound. Ha ha. By the way, how do you program those sounds? Curious what you do. Keep us posted.
Here's a few boombox sounds I added: Login - Dropbox

At least for me, the "replace horn" selection doesn't stick. Everytime I shift to Drive/Reverse and back to Park, it's becomes un-selected. It might be a safety thing? The main horn sound on/off selection sticks.

To summarize:
Horn sound on = Regular horn + custom sound (together at the same time)
Replace horn = only custom sound.

The boombox option to play Songs is cool. But I don't know how to keep it on. If I close the driver door, the car shuts down and turns off the Media playback?
I’ve recently paid to have the boom box retrofitted to my 2020 model Y. Apart from them quoting me one price (in writing) then charging me another on the day. All seems well, apart from…

sometimes, the setting keep defaulting back to:
Horn sound - Fart
Driving sound - Current Media (but deselected)
summon - Current Media.

Anyone else experienced this?

I’ve recently paid to have the boom box retrofitted to my 2020 model Y. Apart from them quoting me one price (in writing) then charging me another on the day. All seems well, apart from…

sometimes, the setting keep defaulting back to:
Horn sound - Fart
Driving sound - Current Media (but deselected)
summon - Current Media.

Anyone else experienced this?
I think it resets to the defaults after every drive.