Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
So if I'm reading all of this correctly - to change the forward-driving PWS, you use the Driving Sounds function which comes out of both the external speaker and the internals, and doesn't shut off at 19 mph.....? (Haven't messed around with adding any customer sounds yet)

LowkeyD

Jan 3, 2020
New York
One other thing I noticed is if you want to play music through the speaker with the BoomBox feature while, say washing your car or just having no one in it, you can turn on Camp mode in the heating options.

bmfischer3

Feb 8, 2021
Evansville, IN
Given boombox is available and you can now use custom sounds for your horn, what have you changed yours to?

I've seen some people do fart sounds, but does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks!

elptxjc

Dec 15, 2019
El Paso, TX
Do you mean an actual horn sound, like when you need to honk to an idiot, or sounds to play with, like the farts and 'La Cucaracha'? For horn noise, I'd make it more European, so higher pitched. For play, it'd be nice to add a believable V8 engine noise, just to see people's faces. Or a jet engine sound. Ha ha. By the way, how do you program those sounds? Curious what you do. Keep us posted.

scabbotts

Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2021
Maine
Can't seem to get the custom sounds to show up. Using Flash drive Exfat on Mac- doesn't allow partition. Tried new folder name- nothing.

Anyone?
I believe it is exfat32. Then partition the drive into 2 sections. One labled TeslaCam and the other Boombox. Then put a folder labeled Boombox in that partion. Then you can save up to 5 sounds in the folder, but the file names can't have any spaces in them. That is what was causing me trouble. Once i took the spaces out they showed up fine. If you still have problems go to Youtube there are dozens of how to videos. The exfat32 and the spaces in the file name were my stumbling blocks.

Reactions: Riguy

jay__

Mar 15, 2021
Santa Cruz, CA
Do you mean an actual horn sound, like when you need to honk to an idiot, or sounds to play with, like the farts and 'La Cucaracha'? For horn noise, I'd make it more European, so higher pitched. For play, it'd be nice to add a believable V8 engine noise, just to see people's faces. Or a jet engine sound. Ha ha. By the way, how do you program those sounds? Curious what you do. Keep us posted.
Here's a few boombox sounds I added: Login - Dropbox

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC