Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boombox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps we could start a thread for boombox related posts and maybe post MP3’s for sounds.

Couple questions, why does the horn option have a on/off and a separate “replace horn” switch? What does one do vs both on?

Also do driving sounds stay on all the time? Or is it to replace just the reverse pedestrian warning?

Reactions: Payjack
At least for me, the "replace horn" selection doesn't stick. Everytime I shift to Drive/Reverse and back to Park, it's becomes un-selected. It might be a safety thing? The main horn sound on/off selection sticks.

To summarize:
Horn sound on = Regular horn + custom sound (together at the same time)
Replace horn = only custom sound.

The boombox option to play Songs is cool. But I don't know how to keep it on. If I close the driver door, the car shuts down and turns off the Media playback?

So, is it possible to replace the PWS sounds (and get them to stick)? I actually like the reverse UFO sound, but the forward low speed one sounds like I’m dragging a tree branch under the car.

So, is it possible to replace the PWS sounds (and get them to stick)? I actually like the reverse UFO sound, but the forward low speed one sounds like I’m dragging a tree branch under the car.

Yep. There are a half dozen or more choices. Some kind of cool and others not. My wife has gone with the Monty python coconuts. I prefer the ice cream truck...or maybe the harp. But you can load your own apparently.

Hmm. Wonder if I can get the old sound from my leaf. :). Or maybe the Silons from battlestar galactic. :).

Reactions: madmax240
Wondering if you change the sound of the horn to a farting noise if it will remain a fart noise in the event of a Sentry Mode activation? I can picture myself coming out of the market with my car loudly farting over and over and a crowd gathering.
‘Sorry folks..that’s what happens when an EV gets gas’. Exit the lot playing snake jazz to add to the bewilderment.

Yep. There are a half dozen or more choices. Some kind of cool and others not. My wife has gone with the Monty python coconuts. I prefer the ice cream truck...or maybe the harp. But you can load your own apparently.

Hmm. Wonder if I can get the old sound from my leaf. :). Or maybe the Silons from battlestar galactic. :).

I just tried and the Boombox sounds play in addition to, not instead of, the default PWS sounds. I selected Snake Jazz because it reminds me of the old Twin Peaks dream sequences, but it also plays the UFO sound simultaneously. Meh...

I wish the Boombox Driving Sounds would only play when you’re actually driving. Seems a bit silly to have the sound effects or music playing when you’re not moving at a stoplight or at a drive-thru. Also wish the sounds would turn off over 20mph. Until they do, I’m leaving the feature off.

• Disagree
Reactions: Spacep0d