Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boost 50

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the Boost 50 on my 2021 model 3 2 weeks ago.
Manual wipers. driver door opens automatically , frunk and trunk open when you get close.

If i need to take it in for service just unplug it . Best purchase i ever made with no regrets.
Fantastic!

How easy was it to install?

I’ve installed tuning boxes on ICE before, just took one off the Audi before it goes back. So relatively handy but know they can be a bit fiddly

how is the extra 50hp?

Fantastic!

How easy was it to install?

I’ve installed tuning boxes on ICE before, just took one off the Audi before it goes back. So relatively handy but know they can be a bit fiddly

how is the extra 50hp?
The extra 50 hp is unbelievable! What impresse me more is the handling there is a slight difference. When your at 20-30 mph and you need to accelerate is where you really feel how impressive it is. Installing it took 10 minutes after i figured out what to do a small flathead screwdriver to push up to release the module and the need nose helped push it out... Pretty easy.

Reactions: btc1k
The extra 50 hp is unbelievable! What impresse me more is the handling there is a slight difference. When your at 20-30 mph and you need to accelerate is where you really feel how impressive it is. Installing it took 10 minutes after i figured out what to do a small flathead screwdriver to push up to release the module and the need nose helped push it out... Pretty easy.
Thanks. Definitely my first accessory purchase upon delivery of the LR!
I think the battery pre-conditioning is also a good feature, could be useful when using third party charger.

I installed the Boost 50 on my 2021 model 3 2 weeks ago.
Manual wipers. driver door opens automatically , frunk and trunk open when you get close.

If i need to take it in for service just unplug it . Best purchase i ever made with no regrets.

Are you assuming they can't read logs of hardware that has been connected to the car even if it's not connected during service? Or monitor such things OTA as they do with many other aspects of the vehicle?

Last edited:
Are you assuming they can't read logs of hardware that has been connected to the car even if it's not connected during service? Or monitor such things OTA as they do with many other aspects of the vehicle?
You could alternatively assume those looking to use Boost 50 are not drowning themselves in worry about it being read on a log or monitored OTA...

Personally I would avoid to use anything that alters the way the car performs. These cars are computers on wheels. Who knows how this will affect motor behavior, battery etc. I would be worried about the longevity of these.
Furthermore no chance that they (Tesla) will not be able to figure out its presence even if it is removed before a service appointment and any warranty repairs for motors or battery they could easily be denied.
Speaking of experience I have the Hansshow kit for boot and froot? installed. When my front motor died they did repair under warranty. I dont have it connected to the canbus though. If I had then it would be a different discussion.

Your choice at the end of the day and if it makes you to appreciate the car more go for it. There is a good chance that you never have issues with it or the car. But if anything happens with parts of the car that can be affected by it then you may have issues with claiming warranty repairs.

Reactions: EVMeister
I've just installed the bonus 50 module but I really didn't have time to test it for the next 2 days. Drift mode seems to work, so are the rest of the module features.
I've noticed that there's no sport option under acceleration settings. I have Chill and Standard just as before the interface. I know for a fact that when you buy the actual AC boost from Tesla, it changes from standard to sport.
Is it normal ?