Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boosted SUC rate CONFIRMED on 2018 S75D w/ ver 2019.12.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

emmz0r

Senior Software Engineer
Jul 12, 2018
Norway
Please merge it in the 2019.12 thread if it is out of place, but I think it deserves an own thread.

Along with the preconditioning of the battery, Tesla kept their promise and delivered an additional 14 kW peak on my S75D.
I have a "normal" 350V 75kWh battery:

58543922_10158025036322069_143013778072535040_o.jpg

And after ramping up I finally peaked at 110 kW on a 75 kWh battery!

58441333_414600765995062_5781307257824215040_n.jpg

I thought I was happy after after Sentry Mode, but now I am really happy. It is really a noticeable difference. It tapers off at a higher rate throughout as well. It feels a lot faster.

I was very worried about 75 batteries as they had 350V, but I had hopes when I heard that 100 would get ~145 kW. I estimated 105-110 kW, and I was pretty much right.

I didn't record a timelapse but here's from messages I sent to friends during the charging:

Started with 20%.
Ramps up at > 100 kW, reaching peak at 110 kW @ 30% SoC (picture).
Stays at 110kW for maybe less than a minute.
Keeps going > 100 kW till ~40% SoC
Tapers down slowly to ~53 kW @ 74%
48 kW @ 76%

Pretty damn happy. Again, since the battery is smaller, the experienced time to fill up feels a lot shorter! :)

Thanks for reporting!

So it seems once it starts to taper around 40-45% it is about the same speed as before? At 80% it is usually down to like 42 kW or something like that which seems to be in line with what you are reporting.

Thanks for reporting!

So it seems once it starts to taper around 40-45% it is about the same speed as before? At 80% it is usually down to like 42 kW or something like that which seems to be in line with what you are reporting.

I feel like it's a bit higher than before.

For example other people I know have reported 45 kW @ 74% vs my 53 kW. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Dragetreneren
Heading out on a 1500 mile road trip this Saturday. Would love to have this sw version before then...

That's great news. I'll head to a Supercharger to check it out.

Remember to select the destination from the map by clicking the lightning icon on the maps! Then it will also preheat :)

Heading out on a 1500 mile road trip this Saturday. Would love to have this sw version before then...
I've heard/seen on this forum you can put in a service request via app to have software pushed. If you're like me, rarely ever connected to wifi, and you have a period of time when you'll be connected that might be an option. I've only owned for a month so far so I might be clueless but there were posts on here saying that worked to get an update.
Dzm

hmm, I hadn't connected to wifi for a year, and I was still on ver 8 (like 8 months after it came out).
So I got unlazy and connected (we had moved) and 3 updates in less than a month.
I'll let Elon send it when he does, kind of a random present (plus it's not winter anymore ok, it snowed a few days ago and like dozens of cars and semis in the ditch.)

I'm generally against nagging for stuff like this but if I don't have it by tonight I think I probably will. Potentially a big (or at least psychologically big) time saver. ;)

I scheduled a service appointment for software update at 3 this afternoon (selected a date a month from now so it wouldn’t interfere too much) and by 6 I got a notification I had an update (EU times) so they seem to work fast on it. I left a comment saying I wanted a new update pushed to me as the current one have given me some bugs, which was true.

• Informative
Reactions: SeminoleFSU