Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boosted SUC rate CONFIRMED on 2018 S75D w/ ver 2019.12.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading out on a 1500 mile road trip this Saturday. Would love to have this sw version before then...
Ditto- major roadtrip for us ATL to Madison, WI next week (longest road trip in a Tesla since buying mine in 2013) so I'd love to get this update before we head out.. unless it causes weirdness with AP because I feel like 2019.12 is the smoothest AP build yet.. can anyone comment on the AP behavior or any other potential downsides to 2019.12.1?

Please merge it in the 2019.12 thread if it is out of place, but I think it deserves an own thread.

Along with the preconditioning of the battery, Tesla kept their promise and delivered an additional 14 kW peak on my S75D.
I have a "normal" 350V 75kWh battery:

View attachment 402103

And after ramping up I finally peaked at 110 kW on a 75 kWh battery!

View attachment 402105

I thought I was happy after after Sentry Mode, but now I am really happy. It is really a noticeable difference. It tapers off at a higher rate throughout as well. It feels a lot faster.

I was very worried about 75 batteries as they had 350V, but I had hopes when I heard that 100 would get ~145 kW. I estimated 105-110 kW, and I was pretty much right.

I didn't record a timelapse but here's from messages I sent to friends during the charging:

Started with 20%.
Ramps up at > 100 kW, reaching peak at 110 kW @ 30% SoC (picture).
Stays at 110kW for maybe less than a minute.
Keeps going > 100 kW till ~40% SoC
Tapers down slowly to ~53 kW @ 74%
48 kW @ 76%

Pretty damn happy. Again, since the battery is smaller, the experienced time to fill up feels a lot shorter! :)

Do you know aprx production date of your car?

Ok, kinda embarrassed but put in service request for update and got and installed it. Gonna test it Thursday morning. Thanks TESLA for moving it along!

Basically everybody got the update last night. I also put in a service request but not convinced it’s related. Never got a response and just canceled the appt after the update came through.

How long does it take to precondition the battery to get these higher charge rates? I have the update on our 2014 Model S but haven’t tested it on a supercharger yet. Driving 2500 miles from Utah to Vermont next week so hoping to save a bit of time charging.

Yeah, I think it was pushed to the masses last night. I had no service request for software update, but I got it last night too.
We received the update notification for all three of our Model S's last night. We have mobile service scheduled for tomorrow to have the touchscreen replaced in one of them though so perhaps that skewed out account to prioritize the update(s)?

We received the update notification for all three of our Model S's last night. We have mobile service scheduled for tomorrow to have the touchscreen replaced in one of them though so perhaps that skewed out account to prioritize the update(s)?

Nearly 50% of the Teslafi fleet has received this update over the past 3 days so I think it's just going to everyone.

Please merge it in the 2019.12 thread if it is out of place, but I think it deserves an own thread.

Along with the preconditioning of the battery, Tesla kept their promise and delivered an additional 14 kW peak on my S75D.
I have a "normal" 350V 75kWh battery:

View attachment 402103

And after ramping up I finally peaked at 110 kW on a 75 kWh battery!

View attachment 402105

I thought I was happy after after Sentry Mode, but now I am really happy. It is really a noticeable difference. It tapers off at a higher rate throughout as well. It feels a lot faster.

I was very worried about 75 batteries as they had 350V, but I had hopes when I heard that 100 would get ~145 kW. I estimated 105-110 kW, and I was pretty much right.

I didn't record a timelapse but here's from messages I sent to friends during the charging:

Started with 20%.
Ramps up at > 100 kW, reaching peak at 110 kW @ 30% SoC (picture).
Stays at 110kW for maybe less than a minute.
Keeps going > 100 kW till ~40% SoC
Tapers down slowly to ~53 kW @ 74%
48 kW @ 76%

Pretty damn happy. Again, since the battery is smaller, the experienced time to fill up feels a lot shorter! :)

The owners of a 70D 2015 AP1 will have the Sentinel Mode?

• Informative
Reactions: Bizz
Confirming the same improvement on a 75 S RWD... thanks Tesla!

Attachments

• 6A55C20A-37D7-491E-889D-FC521A9092C5.jpeg
    6A55C20A-37D7-491E-889D-FC521A9092C5.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 142