Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Booster Seat Problem with Children

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently purchased the Chicco Kidfit booster seat for our 4 year old. She is too tall for her convertible car seat. We are having an issue with the shape of the rear seats in the MS. The contour of the back seat and headrest create a gap between the back of the booster seat and the MS's rear seat (see attached photo from booster seat manual).

Does anyone have children in the 4-8 year range and use a booster seat with a back? If so, please let us know how you solved this problem! Any recommendations of children's booster seats that fit the rear seats of the MS?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 9.55.26 PM.png

I am having the same problem. The headrest in the back seats are rigid and don't let the car seat sit flush with the back seat.

We had an early model S (2013) that hosted our daughters Diono Radian perfectly. Our new model S the headrest is preventing a safe install. Any ideas how to resolve this?

We recently purchased the Chicco Kidfit booster seat for our 4 year old. She is too tall for her convertible car seat. We are having an issue with the shape of the rear seats in the MS. The contour of the back seat and headrest create a gap between the back of the booster seat and the MS's rear seat (see attached photo from booster seat manual).

Does anyone have children in the 4-8 year range and use a booster seat with a back? If so, please let us know how you solved this problem! Any recommendations of children's booster seats that fit the rear seats of the MS?

Thanks!

View attachment 210961

I have been having some issues. On the top I decided to use a wash cloth to help protect the headrest. Mine just pushes against it but otherwise seems ok. My other problem is how wide the base is. Really hard to put the seat belt in. For sure my grandkids can not do it themselves. I found a second one for my 3-5 year old grandkids where the base is a bit small and later be used as a booster as well but not sure. But it also is tall.

I’m at this point with my kids. Best I found was a cybex booster that has a rigid metal frame that clips into the latch points. This serves to keep the booster in place when empty and lets you adjust the front to back position of the base so the angle is correct even when the top of the seat is touching the headrest.

Never found the perfect solution for the belt obstruction. Depending on my mood, I have climbed in the back myself to buckle the kid, assigned my older kid to do it with much fussing from all involved, or used a 6-inch belt extender from a reputable company.

Of course, the belt extender is not ideal, but It fits perfectly, and the loads it will see from a 40-60 lb child are way less than the design spec (around a 300 lb adult).

Attachments

• 0ABDA928-401E-4136-852C-27BF9C1CF40B.jpeg
    0ABDA928-401E-4136-852C-27BF9C1CF40B.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 110
I have two of these. You can use as a pure high back booster with seat belt or a Harness which is what I do. It has clips to hold seat in place but I also use the seat belt as well (has slot in back). I am a grandparent so I do not use them all the time. Notice in the pictures it does not cover the seat belt connections. I tried another booster only (no harness) but it covered the seat belt connector. I also tried the BubbleBum but it can move around a lot since it does not have clips and my kids did not feel comfortable with it for my grandkids. I might consider it for a center seat in the future if needed.

EvenFlo Maestro Performance Harnessed Booster Car Seat (Aspen Skies)

This link is not for the Aspen Skies Color. I got mine on the evenflo site and one at Target. I want this particular color. Amazon has them but different color and maybe not exact the same as mine.

Maestro Harnessed Booster Car Seat | Evenflo

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a1d.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a1d.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 92
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a0f.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a0f.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 91
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a0b.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a0b.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 92
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a16.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a16.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 103
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a17.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a17.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 88
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a1c.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a1c.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 90
We had the same issue and ordered two Cosco Topside Booster Car Seats from Amazon. Fits nicely in the back bucket of my 2017 MS. We have been happy with them.

• SECURE FIT – The Cosco Topside Booster Car Seat gives your little one the extra height they need so that your car’s seat belt will fit safely and securely on them.
  • SUITABLE FOR 40-100 POUNDS – The seat is designed to hold children weighing between 40 and 100 pounds and from 43″ to 57″ in height.
  • EXTRA COMFY PLUSH PAD – The booster helps make long rides more comfortable thanks to the plush padding on the seat.
  • EASY TO MOVE AND INSTALL – Need to change cars? The lightweight design and compact size make it easy to move from car to car. It’s that easy!
  • LEAVES CAR SEATS UNMARKED – The Cosco Topside Booster Seat has been carefully designed to leave your car seats unmarked. This will help keep your car seats to remain smoother, without the annoying indentations other seats leave behind.