TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Booster Seat Problem with Children

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by fully, Jan 16, 2017.

1. fully

fully Member

We recently purchased the Chicco Kidfit booster seat for our 4 year old. She is too tall for her convertible car seat. We are having an issue with the shape of the rear seats in the MS. The contour of the back seat and headrest create a gap between the back of the booster seat and the MS's rear seat (see attached photo from booster seat manual).

Does anyone have children in the 4-8 year range and use a booster seat with a back? If so, please let us know how you solved this problem! Any recommendations of children's booster seats that fit the rear seats of the MS?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 9.55.26 PM.png

2. dabendan

dabendan Member

I am having the same problem. The headrest in the back seats are rigid and don't let the car seat sit flush with the back seat.

We had an early model S (2013) that hosted our daughters Diono Radian perfectly. Our new model S the headrest is preventing a safe install. Any ideas how to resolve this?

3. BGuz

BGuz Member

Anyone?

4. d21mike

d21mike Member

I have been having some issues. On the top I decided to use a wash cloth to help protect the headrest. Mine just pushes against it but otherwise seems ok. My other problem is how wide the base is. Really hard to put the seat belt in. For sure my grandkids can not do it themselves. I found a second one for my 3-5 year old grandkids where the base is a bit small and later be used as a booster as well but not sure. But it also is tall.

5. David.85D

David.85D Member

I’m at this point with my kids. Best I found was a cybex booster that has a rigid metal frame that clips into the latch points. This serves to keep the booster in place when empty and lets you adjust the front to back position of the base so the angle is correct even when the top of the seat is touching the headrest.

Never found the perfect solution for the belt obstruction. Depending on my mood, I have climbed in the back myself to buckle the kid, assigned my older kid to do it with much fussing from all involved, or used a 6-inch belt extender from a reputable company.

Of course, the belt extender is not ideal, but It fits perfectly, and the loads it will see from a 40-60 lb child are way less than the design spec (around a 300 lb adult).

Attached Files: