Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boot-Bag - the additional storage solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I tried to fit the boot-bag from boot-bag.com on the roadster. It fits quite nice.

The trunk can still be opened cause all the mounting hooks could be attached to the trunk lid. Gives some extra space for the long weekend ;)

I ordered the Boot-bag Elise, Vintage & Supercar - fitting kit for the boot-bag allows the bag to fit the Lotus Elise, Supercars and Vintage Sportscars. $140 inc Delivery (US) or £79.95 inc Delivery (UK)

attachment.php?attachmentid=1341&d=1295642744.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

Last edited:
From the link in the OP:

boot-bag is a luggage bag that attaches to your cars boot lid using a unique strapping system. The bag is waterproof and sits on a non slip mat to protect your paintwork. The straps won't damage the edge of the boot-lid like a luggage rack.

I'm curious about the 110 lb trunk limit. Does it apply to anything attached to the trunk as well? Or is it more about the strength of the trunk compartment (since it's made of plastic)? Does the 110 lb limit have something to do with the stability of the car, since so much weight is in the back already? Is there a concern that putting too much weight behind the wheels in the back will lift the front end, reducing front tire grip?

I see. It is a bit more obvious on the seller's website.

I went ahead and ordered one. On occasion, my wife and I leave the kids with a sitter and stay overnight at a local hotel. It is embarrassing that she, the bags, and I barely fit in the car. She has to hold a bag in her lap. This is the perfect solution (I hope). On one hand, the car looks slightly less sporty, on the other hand the passenger cabin will be used for passengers.

Last edited:
If the suitcase is too big to fit in the truck or at the passenger's feet, they can always put the suitcase on their lap. I ran into this unfortunate situation a couple weeks back when I picked a friend up to give her a ride to the airport. Her suitcase was too big to fit in the trunk, and we were running out of time until her flight, so I had to improvise a bit. I took the soft top off and put it into the trunk, and had her carry this big suitcase which ended up sitting on my right leg as well! Not wanting to do that again for sure as it was not a comfortable (or safe) drive for either of us. Boot-bag is the way to go!

It arrived today (just under two weeks to the States). It's pretty high quality, high denier weave. What I didn't notice in the photo was how the top covers the zipper so well, protecting it a bit more from weather.

Definitely a good accessory, with or without cats. :)