Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boot-Bag - the additional storage solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote to my Tesla technical contact today to ask about the weight rules, whether the 110lbs refers to total weight on the back of the car or just inside the trunk cavity.
Did you get a reply back about this?

I just ordered the boot bag as well, since some additional storage would be nice for some trips :)

I have a friend in the movie business (an expert gaffer/electrician/rigger/grip) with a machine shop who has helped me modify my charging setup so I can take my 70A charger on the road (in the trunk, with 100 feet of charging cable and tools to get connected to any breaker panel anywhere). He also sews industrial-duty fabric (he makes sandbags and other very roadworthy bags and accessories) and he made me this cargo net and waterproof boot bag that fits perfectly on the Tesla. Although they may be hard to see, there are 8 tie-down points, each protected with fleece to keep from scratching the car, plus a fleece blanket underneath. The bag has 6 zipper pulls so it can be opened from any side (except the window side). Contact me for more info. He's generally very fast... we designed this together and he had it sewed up within 4 days.

photo(3).JPG
photo(4).JPG

Hi,

Have you guys noticed any reduction in range when using this?

I also remember seeing someone had a bag that fitted snuggly over the left rear wheelarch, next to the PEM, which was being used to store adapters and cables. Any idea what this was and how it was fixed in place?