Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boot organiser ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my M3 just before the Xmas break so not really had chance to live with it as my work vehicle.

The boot is plenty big enough for me but in my last car (Lexus IS300h) I had all my work gear in a plastic box held in place with bungee cords. This was ok but given the M3 has a bit of a kick when my right foot is heavy, was wanting some advice from you guys.

I am a construction project manager and most of the stuff in my boot is safety boots, hard hats, hi vis etc (not massively bulky). I’d love to just throw it into the lower boot storage but wanted something a bit more up market than resorting to an IKEA bag!

All comments welcome.

I got my M3 just before the Xmas break so not really had chance to live with it as my work vehicle.

The boot is plenty big enough for me but in my last car (Lexus IS300h) I had all my work gear in a plastic box held in place with bungee cords. This was ok but given the M3 has a bit of a kick when my right foot is heavy, was wanting some advice from you guys.

I am a construction project manager and most of the stuff in my boot is safety boots, hard hats, hi vis etc (not massively bulky). I’d love to just throw it into the lower boot storage but wanted something a bit more up market than resorting to an IKEA bag!

All comments welcome.
In the same line if work here....construction manager. Lots of traveling from day to day really looking forward to it now with the new M3

... I’d love to just throw it into the lower boot storage but wanted something a bit more up market than resorting to an IKEA bag!

All comments welcome.

The lower boot space is ideal for filling with carrier bags from the weekly shop to stop them falling over so potentially a waste for your work gear if kept there permenantly. I certainly wouldn't go spending money on fancy cases (against my nature). I do have a lidl boot tidy in my S which carries supplies such as tyre inflator, paper towels, cleanign stuff, water, dry goods in case I get the munchies on long trips (again too cheap to buy a sandwich) etc. In your sitation i might go as far as a boot tidy for that lower space or an old fashioned duffle bag chucked in the back passenger footwell to stop it rattling or just a cardboard box covered in sticky-back plastic or wallpapered with a vinyl paper so wet boots don't matter. - save your pennies for something useful. If too flush with pennies can send me your spares....

Last edited by a moderator:
At the other end of the price spectrum, here’s my current solution from Aldi at £3.99. It collapses flat when not in use. Sticks really well to the rubber floor mat I have.

65E338A2-E1CB-4245-B0FC-E3332F36B58F.jpeg

Reactions: Beady3647