Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bored Elon Musk tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a fake twitter account that pretends to be Elon Musk inventions that he is thinking about while bored in his free time.
But it is really hilarious. It has over 18,000 followers and has been mentioned a few times in the news.

https://twitter.com/BoredElonMusk

- - - Updated - - -

Jalopnik article on "Bored Elon Musk" twitter account.

http://jalopnik.com/bored-elon-musk-is-the-only-parody-twitter-account-wort-1326541461

Huffington Post article from August

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/bored-elon-musk-twitter-a_n_3836349.html

- - - Updated - - -
example from @BoredElonMusk

Elon Musk's Hierarchy of Needs: pic.twitter.com/GjfuGDpFVj

BSXxQXmCcAAZTo4.png

- - - Updated - - -

Bored Elon Musk @BoredElonMusk
I've successful gotten my time machine to work but only for 2 decades. The 2030s which I call Future Mode, and the 1980s aka Depeche Mode.
7:43 PM - 16 Aug 2013

Bored Elon Musk @BoredElonMusk
Electric charged sidewalks that shock anyone that suddenly stops walking in front of others. Double voltage for tourists.
9:49 AM - 22 Aug 2013

https://twitter.com/BoredElonMuskBored Elon Musk@BoredElonMusk20 Aug
I've hit a wall for new ideas this morning guys. Lucky I was in a Model S so I'm completely safe.

Last edited:
If there's one guy on the face of the Earth who isn't bored, it would be Elon Musk. I guess you could say that he opened himself up for this kind of silliness by being forthright, unlike other luminaries in his league who tend to speak publicly only when they can control the message. Who would have believed the Hyperloop could be a real idea with proven science behind it? The fact is, he keeps delivering on his promises of a brighter future. I think this humor would be a lot funnier if the target really was a poser who takes himself too seriously.

Elon's thoughts:
Quote: Look at currency reserves, default outlook, troop capabilities. You also don’t mention the US coordinating it give Ukraine advanced middle defense system today….

Quote: If we provide such planes we are effectively entering the conflict as Russia will see it that way. Are you prepared for WW3 just for helping Ukraine? We need to be deliberate and calculated. Current administration is strangling Russia.

Reactions: Terminator857
Elon's thoughts:
Quote: Look at currency reserves, default outlook, troop capabilities. You also don’t mention the US coordinating it give Ukraine advanced middle defense system today….

Quote: If we provide such planes we are effectively entering the conflict as Russia will see it that way. Are you prepared for WW3 just for helping Ukraine? We need to be deliberate and calculated. Current administration is strangling Russia.
That's not Elon Musk.
Bored Elon Musk is a fake. I understand the account was created years ago as a parody.
Google it

I know it is Elon. What have you found googling it? Perhaps those are fakes? Yes Elon, created the account years ago.
How do you know it is Elon?

Elon did not make the account up from what I read. He has fun on his own account anyway. Why would he need a " Bored" Elon account?

Google it yourself.
From the first article I found:
"The “Bored Elon Musk” Twitter account was created in 2013, it claims to be “Thoughts and inventions from Elon in his downtime. This is a futuristic hyper-parody account.” While the account isn’t actually manned by Elon Musk, the inventions that get tweeted about really make us wish it was his account!

I love some of the ideas:

Wearable device that displays how long your hangover is going to last tomorrow based on your current blood alcohol level.

Small drone that locates sound annoying you (neighbors dog, car alarm, etc) then flys over and leaves a passive aggressive note for owner.

Service that lets you subscribe sales people to 1000 email lists they never asked to be on.

Thermostat that sets your entire house to be the same temperate as under your blanket as you wake up and get out of bed.

Google it yourself.
From the first article I found:
"The “Bored Elon Musk” Twitter account was created in 2013, it claims to be “Thoughts and inventions from Elon in his downtime. This is a futuristic hyper-parody account.” While the account isn’t actually manned by Elon Musk, the inventions that get tweeted about really make us wish it was his account!
I don't get that when I google it: “Bored Elon Musk” Twitter - Google Search

Can you post a link?