Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boring Company

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I was thinking too, the could go down to the LINQ chargers. I'm a Vegas local and rarely charge at that location as it's a clusterf*** to get to sometimes. Cheap parking and close to the LINQ alley there but meh beyond that. Anyways, I just wasn't sure if they had on-site charging or not. It's not like the cars are "labeled" so if I saw them at the LINQ I wouldn't even know.

They all have numbers on them (look at the glass, upper driver side rear). If you see a large 28 or 62 or whatever there you'll know it's a loop vehicle.

• Helpful
Reactions: Matsayz
Where are they charging the vehicles?
The fire plan BD19-48204 lists three on-site charging locations as well. Unknown if they have installed them or still intend to.

The first station, Station 1, is located in the Red Lot, and it is a surface station that is connected to the
tunnels via a ramp. This station includes a boarding area for up to 14 vehicles, one charging location,
and a shade structure feature similar to a porte-cochere.

The second station, Station 2, is located in the Silver lot, and it is a subsurface station. Station 2 will have
two levels. The platform level is at the same elevation as the tunnel guideway, and it will be used for
passenger loading and unloading only, as such there will be no provision for retail uses, gaming uses,
kiosks, newsstands, concessions, etc. This station includes a boarding area for 10 vehicles, however the
boarding area could be configured for up to 18 vehicles. The platform level will also include one
charging spot
, through lanes, and a platform for passenger loading.
Station 2 will have a second level for ancillary support services. The ancillary spaces will include:
an electrical room, a communications room, a fire pump and valve room, an HVAC room, and two emergency ventilation rooms.

Station 3, which is located in the new expansion lot and will follow the same
construction methods as Station 1.

That's what I was thinking too, the could go down to the LINQ chargers. I'm a Vegas local and rarely charge at that location as it's a clusterf*** to get to sometimes. Cheap parking and close to the LINQ alley there but meh beyond that. Anyways, I just wasn't sure if they had on-site charging or not. It's not like the cars are "labeled" so if I saw them at the LINQ I wouldn't even know.

sorry, said to look on drivers side before, here are some pics, they all have VEGA LOOP bumper stickers and numbers on the rear window plus another number above the driver on the windshield (front/top). I thought I remembered one off center on the rear but maybe I was confusing the front being off center with the rear being centered.

pictured are cars 02, 54, 62, 32? and 29?

I wasn't there, had to take screenshots from youtube.

1623292255959.png

1623292716193.png

1623292872609.png

1623292630261.png

1623292441060.png

So take him seriously but not literally? Also, weren't there several articles from late 2018 about the Boring Company getting permits for the site?

Was the $.10/brick price also an aspiration and hope and not an actual thing?
Come on, how long have you been watching Tesla? Elon is not a saint. He is a CEO and will do CEO type things like building hype to gain an advantage. Remember battery swapping? They built one demo station just to grab government incentives. FSD has been on a hype train since the dawn of time seemingly. Tesla AI has been solid, but listening to Elon, it is at alien intelligence levels. And remember that Tesla gigafactories we’re going to resemble an alien dreadnaught and be copied around the world? Still working on that one…

So if I had to guess, the $.10 a brick thing was hype to fool politicians into giving him tunneling approval. IMHO, no shame in hoodwinking politicians from time to time. Sauce for the gander is good for goose.

Come on, how long have you been watching Tesla? Elon is not a saint. He is a CEO and will do CEO type things like building hype to gain an advantage. Remember battery swapping? They built one demo station just to grab government incentives. FSD has been on a hype train since the dawn of time seemingly. Tesla AI has been solid, but listening to Elon, it is at alien intelligence levels. And remember that Tesla gigafactories we’re going to resemble an alien dreadnaught and be copied around the world? Still working on that one…

So if I had to guess, the $.10 a brick thing was hype to fool politicians into giving him tunneling approval. IMHO, no shame in hoodwinking politicians from time to time. Sauce for the gander is good for goose.

Hmmm, is there a word for somebody you can't really trust what they say because their track record is just full of overhyped/false statements?

I think it was to fool other people into thinking they had a helpful solution to lowering the net cost of spoil.
Just another "snake charger".

Boring Co should use this in addition. They could probably replace 50% of their deeper tunnels in LV over one winter up and down the strip.

That seems like it is trench and cover (like NYC subway). Or, underpass with slightly raised overpass.
One of Boring's advantages is little to no impact on the surface they tunneling under. Especially when that surface is a major road. Additionally, Boring tunnels below pre-existing utilities.

Also not sure what deeper LV tunnels you are speaking of given that the convention center is a lot of the existing network and that is under the LVCC.
Vegas Loop — The Boring Company

Can someone run the math for me here? 90K passengers, with an average trip time of say 15 minutes, with an average passenger count of 2 per car, would require how many cars to be on service at the peak hour?

Can't wrap my head around how is this even feasible?