Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boring: Ft Lauderdale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happened to the Chicago and Baltimore tunnels?
My understanding is that the Baltimore tunnel project has been abandoned largely because of opposition from locals and the need for a major environmental review. The Chicago tunnel was abandoned because the mayor and other locals opposed it.

My take is that The Boring Company wants to get some experience doing tunnels and isn't willing to invest a lot of time and money in places that aren't enthusiastic. It makes a lot of sense to me.

Good interview. Summary:

2.2mi dual tunnels with a single middle station. One station off Las Olas 2.2 mi from beach, a middle station and a final one at the beach near the existing drop off pavilion, west of A1A.

Similar to the existing Las Vegas convention center loop. And like Las Vegas, the idea is to expand to the rest of the city/area in the future (no firm plans to do so yet, of course). Possible future expansion could include sea port, airport, downtown, convention center. Would have to work with County for sea port and airport.

The idea is tunnel would be a fun experience, with music, lights, etc.

Sounds like financing isn't set in stone, various cost sharing, operational expenses, etc. are to be worked on.

Boring company geologists have already done feasibility analysis.

• Informative
Reactions: mongo
LA to Vegas is quite different than these urban Loops.
There was recently an announcement for building a new Palmdale, CA train station to be used as a hub between SF to LA and LA to LV.

Palmdale Station CA .jpg