Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Borrow some jack pads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve ordered some jack pads but I don’t think they’ll be here for Christmas and I want to swap the tyres out for some winter ones before Christmas travelling. Does anyone have some that I could borrow to fit a model X- I’m based in High Barnet (could meet south mimms)

If not I’ll just buy some hockey pucks and rubber pieces and make some temporary ones up.

The jack pads are nothing that special. You can literally use a hockey puck, block of wood or similar if your doing it yourself. If you want to hand them to a shop thats different. For a shop I’d just put them all in myself, in the parking lot. You could call around to shops some might know how to deal with it. It’s just a spacer.

just set a real hockey puck (or block of wood) on the jack, jack it up so it’s barely touching the car, line it up and jack it up. No biggy. The nub on the pucks to line them up and hold them in place is just a convenience.

I still had my Model 3 pucks when I got my Model X inspected (that don’t fit, nub to small). I just had to carefully hold it in place while the inspector positioned the jack under it.

I usually jack my car up from the suspension any way at home. But you need a “narrow” jack and Know how to do it.

Reactions: linkster
Amazon seems to be flooded with pads for Model 3. I’ll have to check the dimensions of the positioning hole to see if it is MX compatible.

I’m aware that they are nothing special, just don’t want the tyre shop to damage the battery. Maybe I’ll just get some pucks and help out.

Model 3 had smaller diameter locating hole than Model S and X. You also need to check depth too, some of the rubber ones sold for M3 need modifying as they are too deep and the nipple breaks off in the hole. I think you should be OK for MX though, but worth exercising caution.

Amazon seems to be flooded with pads for Model 3. I’ll have to check the dimensions of the positioning hole to see if it is MX compatible.

I’m aware that they are nothing special, just don’t want the tyre shop to damage the battery. Maybe I’ll just get some pucks and help out.

A Model 3 pad won’t work any better than a hockey puck, nub is to small. If you want to be that fussy, the correct ones for Model X are rectangle and have 3 nubs. If you must have a shop do it, it’s a good idea to have a set that fits. That doesn’t guarantee they do it right either. Which is why I do it myself.

71TuJ%2BbxY1L._SX355_.jpg

Last edited:
It amused me when my P3 was in for repair at Tesla, I asked about my jacking pads had they been left in the car, they had no idea what I was talking about, or never heard of them, I did not bother to see how there jacks work, but assume there jacks are specially made for jacking Teslas, I assumed they use a flat jack, with a rubber pad you can jack it up, but they certainly not use jacking pucks

Yup! Rotate myself, me only wash, me only alignment.

I have had the three posts shear off when jacking the car with a floor jack. They stay in place nicely when I use my car lift. Before these clever lift pads were available, we all deployed either hockey pucks or a 6” long 2x4.

You do you’re own alignment too? Care to share how you do that?