Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Borrowing/Renting Chademo adapter in Vancouver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not worry about supercharging, we just finished 7100km trip to Phoenix and back to Burnaby. We saw more Teslas on delivery trucks than we ever did at superchargers. The trip planning helps work out the kinks, we stayed mainly along the supercharger route through Salt Lake City down to Phoenix. The unpredictable wind factor was our only real concern, we may have lost an extra 7 to 10 % some segments. Returning along the I5 northbound was very predictable, we could have easily managed with the cars 10% buffer.
Let me know if you need any suggestions while the trip is still fresh in my mind. CF

I would not worry about supercharging, we just finished 7100km trip to Phoenix and back to Burnaby. We saw more Teslas on delivery trucks than we ever did at superchargers. The trip planning helps work out the kinks, we stayed mainly along the supercharger route through Salt Lake City down to Phoenix. The unpredictable wind factor was our only real concern, we may have lost an extra 7 to 10 % some segments. Returning along the I5 northbound was very predictable, we could have easily managed with the cars 10% buffer.
Let me know if you need any suggestions while the trip is still fresh in my mind. CF

Thanks for the reply CF. I'm from Burnaby too. Good to hear about your trip. Did you use evtripplanner mostly or the one in the car? Did you stay at destination chargers? I booked hotels that do not have destination chargers. So my plan was to drive to a supercharger at night to top off so I don't have to worry about charging the next day. Unfortunately the closest supercharger for one of my hotels is about 30 min away

We used one destination charger in the two weeks of travel...Cottonwood, north of Phoenix near Sedona. We did look at segments using the ev triplanner before we left, but we found the car planner was fine. We usually charged to 20% just so we had enough of a buffer. The estimations in real time were pretty good, except where we would encounter wind. From east of Seattle through to California, we rarely saw any other cars at chargers. One stop we actually ran into somebody from Vancouver and the car next to it, from Phoenix returning from a trip to Vancouver.
On a long trip this is THE car to drive, although I could see having ventilated seats and tinted windows, we hit 50C at the supercharger in Needles.