Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bosch/SPX charging station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone ever have a problem using the adapter with any charging stations after a software update or hardware pin replacement? I can Supercharge, use the included L1 charger, but not use the adapter with my L2 at home. Have not tried other L2's (240V) but will report back.

Anyone ever have a problem using the adapter with any charging stations after a software update or hardware pin replacement? I can Supercharge, use the included L1 charger, but not use the adapter with my L2 at home. Have not tried other L2's (240V) but will report back.

There are known issues with earlier Siemens charging stations. Could be very similar "guts" with the Bosch. What model do you have?

For example: Bosch Power Max Level 2 charger tripped by Tesla J1772 adapter?

It's the old SPX model that they (Bosch) bought out. It was often used in ballasts for eVgo stations.

If worked with my car prior to having the pins replaced. I suspect it could also be software related or perhaps the adapter is not working properly with the new pins. I will try to weed the hardware out soon (by trying at another level 2) - I get the "beep beep beep" on the inside with an error message try another charging station type error.

It's the old SPX model that they (Bosch) bought out. It was often used in ballasts for eVgo stations.

If worked with my car prior to having the pins replaced. I suspect it could also be software related or perhaps the adapter is not working properly with the new pins. I will try to weed the hardware out soon (by trying at another level 2) - I get the "beep beep beep" on the inside with an error message try another charging station type error.

Interesting - I wonder if something got torqued up in the deadfront replacement? It "shouldn't" affect anything but bizarre.

Ok, went out to a Chargepoint L2 today. Everything worked great. Came back home, now everything at home on my Bosch Power Xpress (SPX) works. Weird.

UPDATE: Charging stopped. Flaking out. May have to get a new adapter.

Last edited:
Ok, went out to a Chargepoint L2 today. Everything worked great. Came back home, now everything at home on my Bosch Power Xpress (SPX) works. Weird.

UPDATE: Charging stopped. Flaking out. May have to get a new adapter.

Well, I can’t say much about the Bosch, but the Tesla wall connector is about as solid an EVSE as there is on the market.