Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bosch uses MS to showcase future autonomous experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the concept. But I simply cannot imagine not paying attention while driving. Especially in traffic. Yes, tech can do many things better than humans. But we are not nearly close to the point that a computer can reason and react the way humans do. Just look at the thread about the guy following the Prius (yuk--sorry) that turned right and TACC tried to follow in in a straight line because it was locked on that car. It would have plowed into the car in front of where the driver wanted to go without his intervention. Perhaps it would have emergency braked. But then then the guy behind him is in trouble. This needs a LOT of work and much, much more computing power and programming before this could become a reality. I think we are talking years. How many? I do not know. If every car were communicating with every other car around it, it could possibly work. As then my car would know the plan of all other cars. Much has been postulated about this. If we were to get this this totally right, it could work. But think about how imperfect every SW release is. Programmers, no matter how good or talented they are, simply cannot predict every single odd ball incident that happens in real life.

So I will continue to be aware, engaged and vigilant, regardless of the tech downloaded to my amazing car.

But I love the vision. Love it.

That's the only video where I've heard a model S described as a "common everyday" car.

And when that becomes the case.... maybe 30 or more years.. I'll believe the rest of the video.

If we're still driving all the gassers we do today in 30 years, then none of this matters.