TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bosch wiper blades

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Afdyce, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Afdyce

Afdyce Member

If anyone else out there has found the factory wipers both noisy and prone to leaving an uncleared streak half way up the driver's side, this is the answer:

Driver's side: Bosch Aerotwin AP28U
    Passenger side: Bosch Aerotwin AP18U

They are easy to fit, just put the wipers in to "service mode" first and protect the screen with a cloth while you have the old wiper off.

2. smac

smac Active Member

Are these what Tesla now put on at service (inspection) time ?

I heard a rumour they'd acknowledged how rubbish the original blades were, and switched to Bosch for the newer cars and service replacements. I'm still a five months away from needing a service and finding out :D

3. KingKitega

KingKitega Member

Mine were replaced by Bosch ones last week. The loaner I had was also fitted with Bosch ones too. They charge £59 to replace so better getting them online.

4. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Yes they're supplying them new from the factory with Bosch wipers these days (for all markets I believe) following feedback from the UK.

On Amazon or similar you should be able to get the pair for no more than £30.

5. smac

smac Active Member

Service centre just replaced mine. They are sooo much better.

6. Alan

Alan Member

Funny, it was the same with my Roadster 5 years ago - replaced the standard ones with Bosch ones and it was a huge improvement. Did the same on my Model S and another great improvement - guess it does not rain in California so they have no experience with which wipers are best :)