TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Boston Area in May - area hotels

Discussion in 'New England' started by TNEVol, Mar 30, 2014.

1. TNEVol

TNEVol Member

I will be doing a East Coast road trip in May and will spend 2-3 nights in the Boston Area. I need a base hotel with charger to see the area but probably not downtown due to expense. Looking at Residence Inn type hotel. Any local advice? Thanks

2. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Don't know if this will meet your cost target but there is a Residence Inn in the Seaport area. 1 block from 4 chargers.

3. TNEVol

TNEVol Member

Thanks also; $200 per night and looks kinda cool. Still open for other thoughts cause the people traveling with us may think that is out of budget and I want to have a few options.

4. tes-s

tes-s Member

HPWC in Natick Mall and several hotels nearby.

5. TNEVol

TNEVol Member

Thanks everyone. I have made arrangements. BTW the Residence Inn was $300-$400 per night. I guess I was used to a different standard for that chain.

6. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

It's just plain expensive in the Seaport area now. I'm in the same boat in Asheville, NC. There are only three hotels near a charger, the Hilton, Marriott Renaissance and Sheraton Four Points. The Sheraton is a bit of a dump (stayed there last year) and the lowest pricing at the Hilton and Marriott is $230.