TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Boston Globe Article

Discussion in 'New England' started by cfava, Jun 10, 2015.

1. cfava

cfava Member

#1 cfava, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

I think he failed to appreciate the 80A charger at the base of the mountain.

3. cfava

cfava Member

He clearly made a rookie mistake not using the CS90 Clipper creek charger. Keep in mind we were all rookies at some point.

4. tga

tga Active Member

Um, aren't they talking about using the CS-90 here?

- - - Updated - - -

St Johnsbury (I91/I93 junction) would be good, too. I know several people who prefer to go straight up I91 to A-10 for the CT to Montreal run.

5. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Hmmm, missed that..

6. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Climbing Mt Washington is a pretty tough challenge as it's out of the way, requires a lot of energy, and is often done as a very short up and back trip. This seems like a general, but hopefully temporary problem. The Superchargers are being installed on major travel routes which makes a lot of sense, but leaves a lot of holes for vacation destinations, e.g. camping, skiing, beaches which are a day trip and/or there's no destination charging. For the time being such trips take some planning and are not very convenient.

What I'm hoping is that after 2016 Tesla will have enough major routes covered that they can continue by filling in the holes in the map. IMHO, if they really are planning on building a mass market Model 3, that will be a make or break requirement.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 133 miles from the Hooksett Rest Area to the top of Mt Washington, so even ignoring the altitude gain, it's not really a practical round trip without a few hours of level 2 charging.

7. Ted Dillard

Ted Dillard Member