Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston hotel with chargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Darn you just confirmed my fear that the economy (long-term) lot has no chargers. I would have flown from a different airport if I'd known... Are you going to TESLIVE?

Do you know if the HPC is still installed at the Colonnade?

I am going to TESLIVE, yup! I'm flying Virgin America -- terminal B, so I'll just park there and plug in.

Not sure about Colonnade -- never even used it.

I am going to TESLIVE, yup! I'm flying Virgin America -- terminal B, so I'll just park there and plug in.

Not sure about Colonnade -- never even used it.

Did you move out of Southie? If not, why not just take a cab, you are really not far from the entrance to the Ted Williams tunnel, I would think 2 short cab rides will be less than parking at the airport, you could leave the Model S plugged into your HPWC in your parking space. Btw, not going to Teslive :(

Did you move out of Southie? If not, why not just take a cab, you are really not far from the entrance to the Ted Williams tunnel, I would think 2 short cab rides will be less than parking at the airport, you could leave the Model S plugged into your HPWC in your parking space. Btw, not going to Teslive :(

Yeah, just moved out ... I'm all the way out in Grafton now. I was cabbing it when I lived there which worked well ... but no longer :)

My parents frequently travel and stay overnight the night before at one of the hotels along 1A (Ramada?) and they let them keep there car their for the duration of the trip. I can try to find out what hotel it is, not sure if they'll let you stay plugged in the whole time but you can always ask.

I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express Saugus -free parking but they pack the cars so close together... this is my roadster... and last time I asked they said no chance to plug in. If you know of another hotel along Rt 1 with 24hr shuttle and a plug - it's a long shot.

I wonder if another option would be to leave it with the Tesla service center in Watertown...

Now that's a possibility! I'm due for my annual service anyway. And a very generous MS owner has offered to give me a ride to the airport if I can park there... Would the cab fare be reasonable from the airport to Watertown? Thanks for all your input.

I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express Saugus -free parking but they pack the cars so close together... this is my roadster... and last time I asked they said no chance to plug in. If you know of another hotel along Rt 1 with 24hr shuttle and a plug - it's a long shot.

Now that's a possibility! I'm due for my annual service anyway. And a very generous MS owner has offered to give me a ride to the airport if I can park there... Would the cab fare be reasonable from the airport to Watertown? Thanks for all your input.

Just guessing that the cab fare would be ~$50...

My parents used the Hampton Inn near the airport (Logan Airport Hotels - Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport) no idea if they have a plug.

I've cabbed it to my place - a bit further from the Service center and it was ~65 with tip. so i think Ed's suggestion of $50 is probably about right :D

Trip is becoming routine, now. Third time to Boston in four weeks. Brought the family this time for the weekend before my meetings tomorrow and Tuesday. Didn't range charge this time, plenty of juice for the trip. Charged next to a blue Model S from Jersey at CambridgeSide Galleria today.

Boston is a haven for EVs.

Trip is becoming routine, now. Third time to Boston in four weeks. Brought the family this time for the weekend before my meetings tomorrow and Tuesday. Didn't range charge this time, plenty of juice for the trip. Charged next to a blue Model S from Jersey at CambridgeSide Galleria today.

That's great!
No issues with having the climate controls cranking?
Hope they enjoy their stay...

Unless you're flying out of BOS and need long-term parking.
Unless you're staying at a hotel.

Henry, there is always the "Garage at Post Office Square", they've recently installed 8 ChargePoint 30A EVSEs, of course the garage will cost you $33/day, but the 8 spaces are mostly empty.

You could also drive down to my place in Randolph (15 miles south of Boston) I have several 14-50s and a 75A J-1772 OpenEVSE you could plug into during the trip, it's a $12 "Logan Express" trip each way to the airport, and a short 5 minute cab ride from my house to the Braintree Logan Express terminal. Depending on the time, I could probably drop you at either the Logan Express or the airport, I work in downtown Boston, and drive in every weekday.

That was you? That was me! :tongue: I was so excited to see another S that I literally jumped for joy when I saw your gorgeous red S. I had to take a photo. I've only seen one in the wild in my area (a red one as well) and only one other in MA on the way up but on the opposite side of the highway. As we passed each other, we both turned to look at each other. :wink: I got to say the parking garage is hot! During the day on Saturday, the app said the interior temp was 98F! So while it was still plugged in, I used the app to turn on the A/C before we left on Sunday. This car is seriously spoiling me.

This was my first long distance trip, and it was made so very easy with the Milford supercharger and the mall/hotel charger. I feel completely comfortable making this trip in the future. I can't wait to do it again actually. It was a good test run for my trip to KY in a few weeks which will be more challenging.

That was you? That was me! :tongue: I was so excited to see another S that I literally jumped for joy when I saw your gorgeous red S. I had to take a photo. I've only seen one in the wild in my area (a red one as well) and only one other in MA on the way up but on the opposite side of the highway. As we passed each other, we both turned to look at each other. :wink: I got to say the parking garage is hot! During the day on Saturday, the app said the interior temp was 98F! So while it was still plugged in, I used the app to turn on the A/C before we left on Sunday. This car is seriously spoiling me.

This was my first long distance trip, and it was made so very easy with the Milford supercharger and the mall/hotel charger. I feel completely comfortable making this trip in the future. I can't wait to do it again actually. It was a good test run for my trip to KY in a few weeks which will be more challenging.

Glad you saw the post, it was brutally hot that day. We parked there for our day at the Science Museum (cheaper parking and a charger) and my girls complained about the heat in both directions. No Disney World in the summer for them, methinks. I'm off to Boston again tomorrow morning (early). Like I said, routine.

Glad you saw the post, it was brutally hot that day. We parked there for our day at the Science Museum (cheaper parking and a charger) and my girls complained about the heat in both directions. No Disney World in the summer for them, methinks. I'm off to Boston again tomorrow morning (early). Like I said, routine.

I'm guessing that is your CT-Plates Red MS parked on the surface garage - we're charging together :D