Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston Marathon bombing- Prayers needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aronth5

Long Time Follower
Supporting Member
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
Today started off as a great day. Took the day off to watch my daughter run.
Little did I know how frantic it would become. Decided to watch a little closer to the finish line than normal. Turned out I was very lucky and stood about 150 feet between the two bombs. Bomb went off to my left so started to run to the right and the second bomb went off. So many others near me are now fighting for their lives. Please say a prayer for those less fortunate. Fortunately, no injuries for anyone in my family and my daughter can finish her Boston marathon another year.

Today started off as a great day. Took the day off to watch my daughter run.
Little did I know how frantic it would become. Decided to watch a little closer to the finish line than normal. Turned out I was very lucky and stood about 150 feet between the two bombs. Bomb went off to my left so started to run to the right and the second bomb went off. So many others near me are now fighting for their lives. Please say a prayer for those less fortunate. Fortunately, no injuries for anyone in my family and my daughter can finish her Boston marathon another year.
Very glad you and your daughter are ok aronth5. My son, a college student there, was running his first marathon today. I was tracking his progress
via his shoe tag, all morning, online from my laptop in SoCal. He passed the 40k marker and I waited a bit to look for him on the finish line camera. It must have been about 60 secs after the explosion. There's no sound on the webcam it was all very chaotic and confusing but before I could panic, my son contacted me with a borrowed cell from a bystander to say he was safe. He was a few hundred yards from the finish, maybe 90 secs. Like your daughter, he can finish another day and is grateful to be able to after today. I'm grateful as well.

Unprecedented lockdown in Boston; the connection to Watertown (with the Tesla service center there) brings it closer to home for us non-Bostonians on TMC.

Stay safe, everyone in Boston and its suburbs! Our thoughts are with you.

Earlier, I checked in with the manager and he & family were safe. I presume they still are.

It's "over" now -- they just got suspect #2 in custody.

Thanks to those who sent their prayers, messages, and check-ins this way. Fortunately, I was over at a seminar at Harvard and so missed the initial event. From my office I look down over Boylston St and have a direct line-of-sight on the tragedy. Very emotionally difficult here last week, as it was too quiet and the carnage below remained, nearly untouched, until Friday. The area is finally cleared today, set to reopen tomorrow, I think.

Pictures from my office window last Tuesday (sorry for the building shadow):
Marathon Course 1.JPG
Marathon Course 2.JPG

The whole situation is just so hard to believe - the bombing, MIT officer shooting and then the gunfights and lockdown. Took the day off Friday to be with kids on last day of spring break - wound up locked in the house watching Watertown play out a couple miles west while bomb squad checked their home a mile east of us. We often shop at the mall that was the background for the media announcements. Our two oldest go to the high school and one overlapped for a year but didn't know him though some of his friends did. All too close to home - even after it was over the sight of a Cambridge police bomb squad truck in Harvard Square Saturday morning was a bit chilling, though they were probably just getting coffee.

Such a senseless tragedy - my thoughts and prayers to those affected.

I was out of the country, but caught the bombing on the news about 20 minutes after it happened.
Went to sleep Friday night not knowing what was going to happen, by the time we woke up Saturday
#2 was caught. My wife's office was right in between both bomb blasts up until about 2 years ago.
Being out of the country, the whole thing was surreal.

Glad everyone was safe and accounted for!

/Ed