TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Boston metro owners: where do you wash the salt off your car?

Discussion in 'New England' started by gnychis, Jan 18, 2015.

1. gnychis

gnychis Member

Boston metro owners, does anyone know a good place/way to wash/rinse the salt off your car during the winter? Unfortunately I live in a condo-complex where my garage does not have a water faucet OR a drain. I own "no rinse" car wash for the car for this reason, but I would just mar the s*** out of the paint no rinse washing it first. Importantly, I also want to get salt off the undercarriage.

I've already thought about running it through a brushless car wash, but having taken older cars I've owned through them in the past, they are wayyyy too high pressure. I then thought about using a self serve in the area (also problem of high pressure), and this article completely turned me off from that idea:

All I'd really love is just a faucet to connect a hose for a solid 5 minutes, and then drive back to my place and use rinseless two-bucket in the driveway. Just hoping for some advice. I live in Somerville.

2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

When I lived in Charlestown, I used (and was happy with):
    Somerville No Touch Car Wash
    31 Washington Street

My Model S did fine through the touchless automatic side, but if you're nervous about using it, this place also has covered bays nicely set up to hand-wash your car. Bring your own microfiber cloths either way: the automatic dryer leaves water spots, and you'll need cloths for the hand-wash side.