TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Boston metro owners: where do you wash the salt off your car?

Discussion in 'New England' started by gnychis, Jan 18, 2015.

1. gnychis

gnychis Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Boston metro owners, does anyone know a good place/way to wash/rinse the salt off your car during the winter? Unfortunately I live in a condo-complex where my garage does not have a water faucet OR a drain. I own "no rinse" car wash for the car for this reason, but I would just mar the s*** out of the paint no rinse washing it first. Importantly, I also want to get salt off the undercarriage.

I've already thought about running it through a brushless car wash, but having taken older cars I've owned through them in the past, they are wayyyy too high pressure. I then thought about using a self serve in the area (also problem of high pressure), and this article completely turned me off from that idea:

All I'd really love is just a faucet to connect a hose for a solid 5 minutes, and then drive back to my place and use rinseless two-bucket in the driveway. Just hoping for some advice. I live in Somerville.
  2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Oct 7, 2011
    Portland, Maine, USA
    When I lived in Charlestown, I used (and was happy with):
    Somerville No Touch Car Wash
    31 Washington Street

My Model S did fine through the touchless automatic side, but if you're nervous about using it, this place also has covered bays nicely set up to hand-wash your car. Bring your own microfiber cloths either way: the automatic dryer leaves water spots, and you'll need cloths for the hand-wash side.