TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Boston store

Discussion in 'New England' started by EdA, Apr 24, 2012.

1. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Any updates on an opening date?

Where will it be?

2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

I was told on the sly that the "Boston" store will be in Natick, presumably at the Natick mall. There's a property for lease right across from the mall that would make a perfect service center. No word, though, on when it will be open. I'm hoping by Q4.

3. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Boy, this would be convenient for me!

4. peletourneau

peletourneau Member

Just spotted this on Tesla's Career page.......

Title of PositionAscending Office Location # of openings Job Type
    Service Manager - Boston, MA US-MA-Boston-Store 1 Full time

Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.

5. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Does it say when the position will begin work? Presumably there will be a considerable training period, and then the service center will open.

6. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

But they only look for humans? Sheesh, how narrow minded. TM: Contact MIB headquarters if you cannot find someone for the position in time. :biggrin:

7. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

It says they do not discriminate based on genetic information, so non-humans shouldn't be a prob.:smile:

8. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

9. hj-45

hj-45 Member

Nicely done. No timeline though and no mention of the service center.

10. Robert.Boston

We know that there is a posting for a service manager in Boston so they will have both. There is a building just SE of the Natick Mall that would be perfect.

11. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Robert, are you referring to the old Sam's Club building (in the center of the "rotary"?

I asked my teenage daughter to scout out the entire mall and let me know if there was any signage - none yet.
    I have her on a retainer and expect to hear updates as they come available :smile:

/Ed

12. Robert.Boston

@EdA: Yes, I think so -- it appears to be 303 Speen St or thereabouts. Two large, flat buildings, apparently unoccupied.

13. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

One of those unoccupied buildings is a parking garage. :smile:
    The other is the former Sam's Club - and was a software company or two well before that.

/Ed

14. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

I am not sure anyone mentioned this yet, but It did mention an October opening date. Did that refer to a California not Mass store?

"Diarmuid O’Connell, a vice president of Tesla Motors, said the California company plans to open a boutique store in the mall in October."

15. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

Not sure if this has been discussed yet (I'm on the left coast and don't frequent the NE forum):

"It's not all good news in Teslaville, though. In Natick, MA, the Massachusetts State Automobile Dealers Association and some Natick auto dealerships are questioning whether Tesla's store license there "should be revoked because the company has not met relevant state laws." The rub is that Tesla is not planning to offer any service at the Natick Mall location, since that location will be more a showroom than a dealership. Tesla has always wanted a more hands-on approach to selling cars, opting to set up a network of Apple Store-like dealerships and showrooms. An attorney for the dealers wrote to the town, saying, "We want to ensure that Tesla complies with all the same requirements that our new car dealership members are required to comply with. We want to work with the town to make sure everyone is treated fairly." The store would be Tesla's first Massachusetts location. "

Tesla will hold 5,000 test drives in 45 days, but theres trouble in MA

16. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

From source article: Auto dealers group wants Natick to revoke electric car license - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News

17. Jack

Jack P-880

18. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Spotted by a friend in the Mall today ...

TeslaNatickComingSoon.JPG

19. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Hi Jack, I just got my email this week. Unfortuantely I'm traveling for 2 weeks so when I get back I'll have to whip something together.

@Cinergi, I meant to take a pic of the sign before I left, saw it on the way into the mall but spaced on the way out...

20. hj-45

hj-45 Member

That's great. I have been checking the mall's website weekly for any mention of Tesla, but nothing yet. On another note, I am expecting my config email next week, but will be deferring due to a new home purchase and the Sunset Red. Yes, I did have the builder put a 50amp plug in the garage.