Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston to Mont Tremblant - anyone done it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In an ICE pickup, towing a race car trailer, but that's probably not what you were asking: ;) LeCircuit.com

The Montreal store/service center/supercharger is right off A-15 north of the worst part. At that point the highway is below the surface streets, with an access road running parallel on either side, so it's not too hard to get to it if you miss the exit.

Plugshare shows J1772's at Le Sommet Des Neiges - I stayed there once, and I was happy with it.

Other random thoughts - I would expect Berlin, VT to be open by next spring - Supercharger - Berlin, VT

I've had good luck crossing at Rouse's Point, NY. I-89 to exit 21 (Swanton, VT), rt 78 to rt 2, crossing over the top of the lake. Nice drive. - https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...nt+Port+of+Entry/@45.0200111,-73.4056871,11z/

Canada recently opened a new strip on the southern end of A-35, reducing the time you spend on 133 if you take 89 straight to the border. If the lines are short at the 89 border crossing, I think that's now the fastest route.

Plugshare also shows a Tesla destination charger in Tremblant, a 10 minute walk from the pedestrian village, but you only need a few hours of skiing or an overnight charge to get a full battery. I always look for back-up options; Plugshare shows several at Tremblant but they are mostly in the underground garages of the major branded hotels. I’ve stayed at the Le Sommet Des Neiges and it would be great if the J1772 is available there.

Thanks for all the input! The one destination charger is at a hotel for patrons only (we've rented a condo). Otherwise the Plugshare app shows people just plugging into a regular wall outlet. We do have underground parking for the 4-5 days we are there and if I can find an outlet, then that'll do. But that's a big IF. There is one other destination charger that seems a little further away from town...that may be the one that rrva mentions. I just want to feel OK about driving it up there in the cold without getting stranded. It's a long-ish ride for our Wrangler Unlimited and would much rather take the Model S!

Canada recently opened a new strip on the southern end of A-35, reducing the time you spend on 133 if you take 89 straight to the border. If the lines are short at the 89 border crossing, I think that's now the fastest route.

Yes, it's probably fastest, but I-91 to the Magog Supercharger can be nice for a change of pace.

Since you mention the A35 extension, there's a decent chance the car's navigation system is unaware of it, so follow signs or use waze.

If you need to stop in Montreal, the new 12-stall Supercharger is a better option than the store, unless it's late at night. There's no problem getting to Mont Tremblant, but depending on tastes you might consider Le Massif du Sud in the Charlevoix region. They offer two HPWCs right next to the gondola.

The CHAdeMO adapter is very useful in Quebec, though the station in Mont Tremblant is near the highway and not the slopes.

The L2 at the Fairmont Mont Tremblant is part of a public network (Electric Circuit) and as such they cannot block non guests. The only problem is that it is too much of a good deal, so it it is frequently taken by EVs, whether the cars need a charge or not. (As of last year they were waiving the standard underground parking fees $$$ for people paying the small $2.50/session to charge).

Making this trip next week. 70D. Got it all mapped out. My only concern is having enough juice to get back to Montreal. I know that my car will literally sit there in the parking garage for 5 days, so I really just need enough to get there and back. If the Electric Circuit charger is taken (got my card in the mail last week) will the valet take the car in queue and park and charge it once the EV taking the spot leaves?

Making this trip next week. 70D. Got it all mapped out. My only concern is having enough juice to get back to Montreal. I know that my car will literally sit there in the parking garage for 5 days, so I really just need enough to get there and back. If the Electric Circuit charger is taken (got my card in the mail last week) will the valet take the car in queue and park and charge it once the EV taking the spot leaves?
Our hotel had a few wall outlets, but none of them were on. I wouldn't count on it. The EV charging situation in the resort area is terrible compared to the rest of the province.

Since you'll be in the area for a number of days, I'd recommend planning to spend an hour or two strolling through the old village while your car charges at the CHAdeMO station. Or, plan on eating at one of the 3 Rôtisserie St-Huberts with a fast charger on the way to Montreal. No problem!

Are you staying at the Fairmont? That would change the recommendation.

We are staying in a condo that is in the Hilton Homewood Suites. Parking will be in the garage underneath (no charging). I am hoping that if I get a full charge (or close to it) in Montreal, that I can just get back there without having to charge at all. Is that charger at the fairmont that busy?

We are staying in a condo that is in the Hilton Homewood Suites. Parking will be in the garage underneath (no charging). I am hoping that if I get a full charge (or close to it) in Montreal, that I can just get back there without having to charge at all. Is that charger at the fairmont that busy?
I'd imagine it is.

I didn't realize it was open to non-guests! I regret not using it when I was there. Either way, if you have a CHAdeMO adaptor, there are plenty of options.

I think I will see if I can get from Montreal to the ski resort and back on one charge. I don't have a CHAdeMO adapter and don't ever really need one. If I have to, I will ping the nice person that lives close by that has his charger up on Plugshare!

Thanks for all the words of wisdom!

• Love
Reactions: rypalmer
We did this trip last month. All very easy except the Montreal > Tremblant > Montreal bit. We lucked out because we were there for a week and had a 5-15 outlet right near where we parked. There are destination chargers on Plugshare in the Tremblant area though -- maybe find an excuse to go to dinner near one a couple nights? I would recommend not cutting it close, especially in the cold. Have fun!

We did this trip last month. All very easy except the Montreal > Tremblant > Montreal bit. We lucked out because we were there for a week and had a 5-15 outlet right near where we parked. There are destination chargers on Plugshare in the Tremblant area though -- maybe find an excuse to go to dinner near one a couple nights? I would recommend not cutting it close, especially in the cold. Have fun!

I am parking in the lot under the Homewood Suites march 10-14....I plan to go right to the fairmont when we arrive to see if that one charger is available. If not, I'll see if I can find a wall outlet in the garage at homewood suites to nestle up to.... Fingers crossed. The cold snap coming does scare me a bit.

"The reports of West Lebanon's death have been greatly exaggerated"

-M. Twain

I charged successfully last Sunday @ 2B (85kW/258mph). Some people have reported issues with other stalls on plugshare, but I haven't seen any problems.

Doing some worst case #'s, evtripplanner estimates ~45kWh Berlin, VT->Hooksett, NH. I'd think you should be fine with an 80% charge in Berlin.