Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Botched up Delivery Houston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my M3 on 9/17
The car was not available so I got deviated to another car MSM with 19" wheels.
The allocated car to my account was in Dallas all his time.
My account was funded 9/27.
Called Tesla delivery center on 9/28 to make sure that I'll pick up car on 9/30. Delivery center person told me that car is en route to Houston from Dallas.
Today I gotta call from delivery center that the car is still up in Dallas and sorry for any miscommunication and they are asking me to either go to Dallas and take delivery or someone from Dallas will physically drive down the car.

My first time car purchasing from Tesla and I should say that it's the worst buying experience with so much gaps & miscommunication between various teams

After too many calls between my Tesla delivery center in Houston north. They totally botched it up and I'm not getting a delivery today for no fault of mine.
The car was in Dallas all this while and even on 9/28 they said it was in transit but now they are saying that they cannot do anything as the car has not even moved from its location.
Really pissed and now need to wait and see if Tesla will still honor me the same price or will the price go up after 10/1.

Asked the same exact question to delivery center rep and she is not sure what the answer is.

Totally frustrated state right now. Had few Tesla friends who were supposed to come to home tonight for my delivery celebration now all I'm left is drinks and no Tesla of mine to celebrate

• Informative
Reactions: Petrocelli
Ordered my M3 on 9/17
Called Tesla delivery center on 9/28 to make sure that I'll pick up car on 9/30. Delivery center person told me that car is en route to Houston from Dallas.
Today I gotta call from delivery center that the car is still up in Dallas and sorry for any miscommunication and they are asking me to either go to Dallas and take delivery or someone from Dallas will physically drive down the car.

My first time car purchasing from Tesla and I should say that it's the worst buying experience with so much gaps & miscommunication between various teams
If you want a smooth delivery experience then don't order and take delivery during the end of quarter rush. Stuff like this happens when everything is crazy busy.

So why would the price change? All I can see that might change is that if you got a referral then you should get 2000 miles of free supercharging for it if it's delivered by the end of September. Since it's their fault it wasn't delivered, you have a good argument that you should get that. But other than that?

Damn, not sure who set up your expectations but that guy ****ed up. The fact that you expected that your car was funded on a Friday and delivery would take place the following Monday does not go inline with any other single Tesla delivery experience I have ever heard and your car wasn't even in the same city yet; this happening would have been the Tesla delivery equivalent of my bowling team throwing an overtime winning hail mary pass against last years Superbowl-winning New England Patriots.

All I can say is throw out your previous conceptions from every single other car purchase you've ever made; Tesla will be different. I'm not by any means calling you a lier, Tesla sales, unfortunately, has the reputation of over-promising and under-delivering. The car will be worth it but since the cuts, Tesla sales are as organized as a Monkey s*** fight at the Zoo. If you go into it with these expectations you will be a lot happier.

Edit:also I should mention that I had the same frustrations with delivery times not being made but kept reminding myself, some people have waited YEARS for this car.

• Informative
Reactions: Petrocelli
Damn, not sure who set up your expectations but that guy ****ed up. The fact that you expected that your car was funded on a Friday and delivery would take place the following Monday does not go inline with any other single Tesla delivery experience I have ever heard and your car wasn't even in the same city yet; this happening would have been the Tesla delivery equivalent of my bowling team throwing an overtime winning hail mary pass against last years Superbowl-winning New England Patriots.

All I can say is throw out your previous conceptions from every single other car purchase you've ever made; Tesla will be different. I'm not by any means calling you a lier, Tesla sales, unfortunately, has the reputation of over-promising and under-delivering. The car will be worth it but since the cuts, Tesla sales are as organized as a Monkey s*** fight at the Zoo. If you go into it with these expectations you will be a lot happier.

Edit:also I should mention that I had the same frustrations with delivery times not being made but kept reminding myself, some people have waited YEARS for this car.

The OP is in Texas, which does not allow sales of tesla in the state, so the car has to be paid for before pickup there due to laws from the state. Not trying to excuse the miscommunication, as this is an area that tesla needs help in badly..

Not really.
The car is/has always in Dallas all the while.
When it got fully funded on 9/27, I called them up on 9/28 and the Houston delivery guy told me that I can even take a delivery on 9/29 by 6:00pm as the car was in transit but the only issue he foresaw was that I wouldn't get a temp tag till 9/30 noon.
Come 9/30 they said sorry for the miscommunication but the car is still in Dallas as of today they were still trying to find a truck to load it and bring down to Houston which is 250 odd miles from Dallas.
They gave me an option that either I go to Dallas and do the pickup or someone from Dallas will drive it down to Houston...

Why should I let someone put 250 odd miles on my ODO before even taking delivery. I was ready to go the option of someone driving down to Houston from Dallas if Tesla was ready to do a price adjustment but they weren't ready.

Ordered my M3 on 9/17

Dude, mine is way worse than you. I ordered the car on 8/27, scheduled delivery on 9/10. Telsa pushed me to pay for the car ASAP, 5 days before delivery as they claimed. Completely funded on 9/6, nobody notified me and they pushed my delivery to 9/13, then again nobody notified me and pushed it to 9/20. Turn out my car Blue/Black stealth is in Florida and they don't know how to get the car to me and never even put in an order to move the car since I purchased it on 8/27. SA called me on 9/20, find me another Blue/Black stealth with 19" wheel close by and switch it to that, schedule delivery on 9/27. Delivery center called me on 9/24, said my insurance card has an incorrect VIN since they switched car on me and they can't get a temporary tag without the insurance. Sent insurance card to them immediately and they said it take up to 3 days to get the tag. Called them on 9/26 afternoon and they said they don't have tag and it will be probably next Monday, then they called me 8:30 pm that night to confirm the car is ready to be pick up.

So until they call you and tell you your car is ready to be pick up, don't count on it and don't assume anything. More than one Tesla's employee told me unless they have an answer to your question, they will ignore your phone calls, emails and will not reply. That's seem to be company policy.

Not really.
The car is/has always in Dallas all the while.
When it got fully funded on 9/27, I called them up on 9/28 and the Houston delivery guy told me that I can even take a delivery on 9/29 by 6:00pm as the car was in transit but the only issue he foresaw was that I wouldn't get a temp tag till 9/30 noon.
Come 9/30 they said sorry for the miscommunication but the car is still in Dallas as of today they were still trying to find a truck to load it and bring down to Houston which is 250 odd miles from Dallas.
They gave me an option that either I go to Dallas and do the pickup or someone from Dallas will drive it down to Houston...

Why should I let someone put 250 odd miles on my ODO before even taking delivery. I was ready to go the option of someone driving down to Houston from Dallas if Tesla was ready to do a price adjustment but they weren't ready.

Yes really, I'm not sure how you've been posting and have been on this forum for so long but still think your delivery expectations are somehow normal for Tesla. They are not. Receiving your car within the 2 weeks of order does not seem to happen very often.

Also, had I been given the choice to drive a measly couple hundred miles to pick up my car in person without risking further damage from the delivery company, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Mine would have been 26 hours worth of driving and I still debated it. Every other thread on here is about how the shipping company damaged the car, I'm in the automotive industry and can confirm transport companies damage the vehicle probably 25% of the time, the odds of it happening are extremely high. Given the option to pick up your car in a nearby city, you should always go for it.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
utter BS and disappoint to say the least.
Now I see my account and the two deviations that they gave me for free or not free anymore.
The price of the car is increased 2500$ more or to the regular price.
Nothing but a cancellation from my end for this unnecessary drama caused by them
Well, if you cancel the order then whatever deal you got will indeed be gone. Why are you believing what is showing for your account? They get stuff screwed up all the time, but they eventually make it right. Of course if you act like an angry fool then you're unlikely to get any sort of satisfaction.

You really have two choices here. If you want the car and the deal you arranged, relax and wait. If you want to rant then go ahead, but don't expect to end up with a car.

At this point, you are pretty much coming across as a troll, just here to complain.