Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both Inverters stuck in night mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, It's either something is disconnected from both inverters like a breaker isn't getting turned on or maybe the gateway isn't sensing the grid correctly. Can you share any other data? What's your power flow look like? Can you connect to the inverter via bluetooth and check the hz and see if it's at 60?

I found my email to my installer. I deleted the first part which is irrelevant:

However, I have a new problem. We had a brief 1 hour power outage on Friday. The PWs worked through the outage. However, when grid came back up the PW system stopped working in the sense that the PWs would not charge or discharge and there is no power flow showing in the app.

I also logged into the TEG and it was not getting any info from Grid, Solar, or PW. See screen shots.

I called Tesla support and they had me reset the TEG. I had already done that, but did it again with them on the phone They then had me do a 5 minute complete shutdown. Shut down PWs; Inverter; shut down solar; turned off all house power. This did not fix the situation. They are escalating to a second level support group.

I have a feeling there is some sort of hardware failure.

Gixx - I think you have the same symptoms I had coming off an outage. See the copy of my email above
My problem differs. I have had my systems for about 2 years. My power walls will discharge but the solar array is not functioning. The odds of both inverters going out at the same time are remote unless there is a fail safe that shunts the both if one fails.