Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Both pedals pressed" warning - but I wasn't

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been happening to me for the past week and I’m getting annoyed by the beeping sound, wish I could turn it off. Definitely not pushing both pedals. I can reach down and jiggle the accelerator pedal and get it to stop, but the warning message and beeping returns the next time I use the brake. I also get a message that autopilot won’t brake, so annoying. Has anyone been able to fix it without a service technician?

This has been happening to me for the past week and I’m getting annoyed by the beeping sound, wish I could turn it off. Definitely not pushing both pedals. I can reach down and jiggle the accelerator pedal and get it to stop, but the warning message and beeping returns the next time I use the brake. I also get a message that autopilot won’t brake, so annoying. Has anyone been able to fix it without a service technician?

Sounds like you just have them review the logs, and they can probably send out mobile service to replace the pedal assembly. Doesn’t seem like there would be any need for the service center for this one.

Don’t think there is any way to repair defective assemblies.

A friend of mine just went through this on her late 2018 build mid-range. Both pedals pressed message when they were not. Service advisor told her that it was a known problem with some accelerator pedal assemblies and they replaced it without a fight. She's a little tech challenged so I logged into her account and made the service appointment for her. The service center was booked 6 weeks out so I just grabbed the first available spot and described the issue in the notes. The next day they called her and moved the appointment up. She went in last week and they replaced the assembly and performed a software update while she waited. The whole thing took less than 2 hours.

hi all,

I have had a Tesla Model S since 2017. It was manufactured in 2014. I have been experiencing the same problem for a week. I'm sure I don't press both pedals at the same time. The problem is growing. When I brake, PRND turns red on the dashboard and the following messages appear: DI_u013, DI_u012, DI_u004, DI_f019.

It unlocks, more or less quickly, by pressing the accelerator.

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger
hi all,

I have had a Tesla Model S since 2017. It was manufactured in 2014. I have been experiencing the same problem for a week. I'm sure I don't press both pedals at the same time. The problem is growing. When I brake, PRND turns red on the dashboard and the following messages appear: DI_u013, DI_u012, DI_u004, DI_f019.

Record video of footwell as well as the screen for evidence. We would love to see it and you should report it to NTHSA for recall purposes.

hi all,

Since model S and Model 3 are not that similar, and this is the model 3 subforum, and the thread you posted in is 5 years old, I would suggest re creating a thread on your question in the model S subforum.