Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both Pedals Pressed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
same happened to me today for the first time but was able to easily reproduce at least 10-15 times. at first thought I may have somehow pressed both pedals but after that was o vious something was off. moved the mat, tapped the breaks, the accelerator, nothing changed. Will monitor tomorrow...

have a video of it too but could not upload in the forum and it is on this link:

20190618_181844_1_1_1.mp4

same happened to me today for the first time but was able to easily reproduce at least 10-15 times. at first thought I may have somehow pressed both pedals but after that was o vious something was off. moved the mat, tapped the breaks, the accelerator, nothing changed. Will monitor tomorrow...

have a video of it too but could not upload in the forum and it is on this link:

20190618_181844_1_1_1.mp4
This is how I fixed it. Rebooted it and slept the car. Now it’s gone.

glad to read reboot fixed it for you. not so concerned with the "both pedals pressed", but rather the second part - "motor power removed". not looking for a conspiracy but if the accelerator can feed fantom signal, I can understand how a car without motor power override can accelerate on its own.

your location seems to be Florida, I am in south Florida myself, we have been getting a lot of rain the last few days, could it be related?

Attachments

• 15609169515310.jpg
    15609169515310.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
glad to read reboot fixed it for you. not so concerned with the "both pedals pressed", but rather the second part - "motor power removed". not looking for a conspiracy but if the accelerator can feed fantom signal, I can understand how a car without motor power override can accelerate on its own.

your location seems to be Florida, I am in south Florida myself, we have been getting a lot of rain the last few days, could it be related?

FL here as well. The issue has gotten worst over the past two weeks. Now I’m just getting the warning as soon as I press the brakes. The H mode will not even engage now.

Did reboot and power off last night, did not help.

Seems in the morning is only 2-3 times (have a 20 min city commute each way). Reproduced many times on the afternoon return home.

What seemed to "fix it" is turning on then back off creep.

Strange this would just start happening, no recent firmware update.

FL here as well. The issue has gotten worst over the past two weeks. Now I’m just getting the warning as soon as I press the brakes. The H mode will not even engage now.

Now that I read this, I was testing on the way back engaging Hold, did not help. But I think, not sure though, it disengaged, on its own, from hold mode once on a traffic light.

Still not fixed. Came back. And your right the H won’t engage either and yes a lot of rain. Why would that matter tho?
Not really. My first incident started atleast 1.5 weeks before the rain and it was just triggering more and more. I even told my wife she was pressing both pedals.... anyway I just dropped of the car at the service center and apparently I'm the first one here to take it in for that issue. The rep was telling me they just received a bulletin today regarding that issue. The issue might be the accelerator assembly. I will report once I get

It’s probably just a switch adjustment.

I would not take this problem lightly because the car makes decisions based on sensors like the brake pedal.

If it thinks you are actively braking it may not step in when it should.

I never get that error.