Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bottom of horn won’t honk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking in for service and one of the items on my list is horn won’t honk when pushing on bottom half of horn. They just called and said all Model Y's are like this that there are no sensors on bottom part of horn and you have to push top of horn. Here is picture. I just can’t believe this is possible that all Y’s have no sensors on lower part of horn. Please help me as I have appointment tomorrow at 8:15 AM. 0159870A-DDED-4558-941B-EE9488856C00.jpeg This would be a huge liability I think if they are designed so you can’t honk when pushing lower half of horn.

I'm not sure why this would be a problem for anyone. Can you please explain exactly why this is an issue for you?
I had the car for 3 months and first time I tried to use horn that’s where I pushed. No horn. Next time I’ll know but seems like if it pushes like a horn it should sound like a horn. Don’t care to to argue the point only wanted verification.

They don't have Taco Bell where you live?

I feel like the horn button may be a business opportunity for whoever made the "open door" button decals before Tesla changed the button design. Maybe a more visible horn decal.

Yeah, Taco Bell does give me ammunition plenty, but, the issue is that being a frequently flyer, I’m afraid my ass no longer fits out the window, making farting at people difficult

• Funny
Reactions: Lozzy