Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought 4 New Tires from Tesla, 4 alignments later...still not right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got new tires on my P85D and a fresh alignment for the tires from Tesla.

When I got it back the car was tracking straight but the steering wheel positioning was off center.

It took Tesla 4 times to get the steering wheel centered...4 trips back and forth to Tesla.

So I got it back last week. The good news is the wheel is now centered but...I feel like the car is running a bit rough at speeds over 70. I don't know if it is something they did to get the wheel straight that is now causing the alignment to be off...or if the tires are somehow now not balanced right...but something is off.

I'm going to take it back to them again but any idea what I should tell them this time? Part of me wants to take it to another Tesla repair place. I don't know why they are having such a hard time with this.

Any help would be great!

That's a good question. I didn't. Just the normal receipt service receipt.

The standard practice of wheel alignment is to hand the customers the print out.

That practice has never failed since decades ago with my gasoline car as well as my older 2012 Model S Tesla.

It is hard to to know what they did the last 4 times if there is no print out to compare different numbers.

Reactions: PaulusdB
Thanks for the input. I'll go back and let them re balance.

I got an alignment because the steering wheel was a bit off center with the old tires so the alignment was how it needed to be fixed.

I've had this on a few other cars and it's usually a simple fix.

On this car even after alignment the steering wheel was no centered so I think they were making manual adjustment to get it right.